00 Gauge - The Far North Line

Posted
Rating:

ScR steam in the 50's

Such a lovely layout, keep up the good work!

Cheers

Ted
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Cheers, both- I suspect the two panniers might have been sent as far away as possible to stop enthusiasts from copping the full class :hmm:cool wink

A couple more shots from a recent photosession-

A Pickersgill  4-4-0 backing on to the coaling stage.

Must be a Sunday judging by the number of inhabitants…..

Last edit: by Ben Alder

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Great photographs as usual Ben. Always a pleasure to look at. Thanks.

Posted
Rating:
A couple of Black fives on the layout- I have been busy with wagon building as of late, and also some fettling of trackwork to get everything working without faults- nothing major, but building the layout on top of the laid track did cause some knocks that needed tweaking.

Posted
Rating:
The second shot is a cracker Ben, a typical spotters shot from the platform.

Great work.

Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Banned
[user=19]Marty[/user] wrote:
The second shot is a cracker Ben, a typical spotters shot from the platform.

Great work.

Marty
My thoughts exactly ! Something special about the Black 5. What is that mounted on the side of the cab, below the number ?

Cheers, Gary.

Posted
Rating:
I think the second shot is a photo of a real train!

Excellent work !

Regards

Rhiwderin_Ray

Posted
Rating:
I'll go along with that - those last two shots are real stunners.  I love your work Ben.  :thumbs:thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Thanks guys,- it was taken with a small Canon I acquired second hand a few years ago and have just gone back to as it has manual control, and takes a better image than the Kodak. The thing on the cabside is a tablet exchanger, as used on single lines to pass tokens from signal man to crew without stopping.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
The thing I like most about this forum is that even though I've been a member for a few months now, just when I think I've seen all there is to see I discover another gem.  I love this layout! It is both inspirational and aspirational. 

Peter

OO Bidley
DCC Layout with TC8 Gold

Model Railway Structures

Posted
Rating:
-Thanks for the kind words- funnily enough they are what I often use myself when describing my efforts- trying to encourage more Highland section modelling, and showing that if I can achieve anything then anyone can. Little of what I do can be described as finescale or serious modelling, much being based on  what is around R-T-R, but willing to sit at a workbench and adapt where necessary. Modelling a prototype makes things easier, I find, and the plethora of information around on the internet makes things a lot easier than before. Modelling forums are also helpful in picking up tips and help- you are never alone in any modelling project nowadays.

A couple more photos, including an LMS van made recently from a Cambrian kit.

Posted
Rating:
:hi As always, I'm  all behind like the cow's tail! Love this photo! How was the boat built, Ben? Was it solid or plank on frame? It looks superb!

Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posted
Rating:
Ben,
       Its virtually impossible to tell these photos are not of the real thing!!! Unbelievable…marvelous modelling AND photography!Love this thread,and I'm going to sit back with a beer or three later today,and go through the lot again from start to finish.What a treat!
:pathead
Cheers,John.B.:thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
This is an excellent layout, just love the current 'Robert's Choice'. :mrgreen:

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
[user=201]georgejacksongenius[/user] wrote:
Ben,
       Its virtually impossible to tell these photos are not of the real thing!!! Unbelievable…marvelous modelling AND photography!Love this thread,and I'm going to sit back with a beer or three later today,and go through the lot again from start to finish.What a treat!
:pathead
Cheers,John.B.:thumbs

I've done just that, and totally agree with everyone's comments (only two beers though).

Haven't been to Scotland for some 40+ years and the nearest I got to this area was Fort William, but brings back memories of the scenery.

This has been a much better way of spending a Sunday afternoon than watching tennis.

Love i t:thumbs

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Absolutely Superb!

Posted
Rating:
It's been a while since I last looked in Ben and I'm glad to see that you are still maintaining such high standards both in your modelling and your photography.

As others have said everything just looks so realistic and I had to do a double take at some of those pictures to be sure they were not the real thing.

Regards,
Trevor

Posted
Rating:
Thanks for all the kind words, and I am flattered to be chosen pin-up of the week! :oops: The boat was a resin and lost wax brass kit made by Anchor Models , and are no longer made AFAIK, which is a pity. I had three or four on the last layout, and will look out some pics of them- v. nice models of bygone Scottish  fishing boats, and sadly missed.

Meanwhile, a few more recent shots- these were nearly all taken with the Canon Powershot on AV, and mostly in natural light, which gives far better, if variable results than the electric version.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I also like how the back-scene is worked into the layout, very impressive, enough flattery, people will think I'm after summat.:twisted:

Posted
Rating:
As a aside Artitec do some lovely if somewhat expensive boat models.
http://www.artitec.nl/index.php/en/kits/category/h0-ships 
I have used one on my layout and Chris Nevard used one on Cement Quay.
Simon

Last edit: by Simonmcp

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.