Possible switch to 'N' Gauge

Posted
Rating:

OO to N feasibility study

Paul said, "I also think Terry was right in what he says about cramming too much in,  although I am a little confused by your 'four oval loops' comment  Terry. I have just two main lines which split at the platforms into four  so I can only run two trains at a time. Unless you mean the double  overlapping circuit? I wanted the double circuit to prolong the run, an  idea borrowed from Brian Lambert."

Sorry Paul, I had another look at your plan and now understand what you were trying to achieve, but I am easily confused when presented with so many tracks.  If your real aim is to have somewhere to give your trains a good, continuous run, then why worry about too much scenery.  This approach was quite traditional until fairly recently in the history of our hobby.  Most modellers were quite content to lay the track, provide stations and signals but would ignore any other scenic details.  The aim was to run your trains, usually in accordance with the rules governing the real railways. 

Anyway, glad to hear that you are now moving forward.  Looking forward to seeing your progress here.

Terry
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I am glad you've reached your decision. I think it was the right one! :)

Mike.

Mike
Pig Hill Yard - a small Inglenook shunting layout for my boys, in 00.

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
And, IMHO, it's the right decision :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Its always good to throw in one thoughts to our club members Paul.
One gets some great responses and we all have doubts about the gauge we choose at times. Been there.
Of course space can be a challange. I just knock out walls if I feel confined.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.