Model Railway Structures

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member

3D Printed Items

Someone requested a version of a footbridge to suit 3 platforms, with one span across two tracks and the other span across a single track. So here it is. It can be purchased in N Scale only at Footbridge 3 N Scale (EY574J2SF) by Wizmacnz for the princely sum of US$27.

The drawing below gives the key dimensions. I'm sure I will follow up with a more normal double twin track version soon.

Peter

OO Bidley
DCC Layout with TC8 Gold

Model Railway Structures
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member

And here is the version to span two twin tracks at US$29.

Peter

OO Bidley
DCC Layout with TC8 Gold

Model Railway Structures

Posted
Rating:
Wow - that's cheap !!!  Pity it's only in "N" gauge …………………. :cry: :cry:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Unfortunately Peter this is another example of where 3D printing really favours the N scalers. I have put up an OO scale version, but it's US$115. It 's an example where the volume dictates the price. Double the scale and you end up with a volume that is cubed. Very unfair with a lattice structure like this, because most of that volume is fresh air, but that's the way Shapeways choose to calculate their pricing at the moment. 

Peter

OO Bidley
DCC Layout with TC8 Gold

Model Railway Structures

Posted
Rating:
 I agree Peter.  Modellers, and indeed, designers, found that, when Shapeways altered their pricing policy, the larger scales were heavily penalised.

A great pity because the product is superb.  When I look at some of the prices at Shapeways, I think they've made a typo.  Often, I can't imagine anyone paying what they want to charge.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Well today some kind person bought two of the large bridges in OO scale  ;-)

Peter

OO Bidley
DCC Layout with TC8 Gold

Model Railway Structures
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.