Model Railway Structures

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member

3D Printed Items

I've made some lengths of simple wall mounted bench seating. It comes in 160mm lengths in OO scale. You can just cut the seats to the length you want and glue it onto a wall.

Peter

OO Bidley
DCC Layout with TC8 Gold

Model Railway Structures
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Could you add church pews to your list to go with Scalecenes church?Also I would be interested in bigger Georgian windows

Last edit: by vulcanbomber

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I often think .."what next?" … Church Pews is a great idea, I will do some googling for some suitable photo's and get on to it. 

What size Georgian windows are you looking for. The basic window model is parametric so I can just change the width and height to adjust the size. If you are looking for something slightly different in style I can make some adjustments to the model. (point me at a a photo.)

Peter

OO Bidley
DCC Layout with TC8 Gold

Model Railway Structures

Posted
Rating:
Just to let you know, PH Designs (http://www.phd-design-etchings.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home) have done the church pews and they look like they are 3D printed.  This product does not show on the site but Pete Harvey will make them if you contact him.

I found this out on an RMWeb (search for Scalescenes Church) that goes back a couple of years.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do them Peter, but beware of duplication.

John

John

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I looked on his site and as you say no Church Pews on display. I think I'll model some anyway. 

Peter

OO Bidley
DCC Layout with TC8 Gold

Model Railway Structures

Posted
Rating:
The Georgian windows are for this in 00
I looked at PHP for the pews but they were very expensive

Posted
Rating:
Nice Georgian houses Richard. :thumbs

Where did you find those ?  I note they were published somewhere in 1980 odd …………..:roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I think it might have been an Railway Modeller, I think it might be mid 80s have been holding the plans for years, with the idea of building them eventually.I can let you have the full article if you want

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I've created some simple Church Pews.  These are 40mm long. I will re-size them to suit the Scalescenes Church when I have worked out how long they should be to suit.

Last edit: by Wizmacnz

Peter

OO Bidley
DCC Layout with TC8 Gold

Model Railway Structures

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
[user=1360]vulcanbomber[/user] wrote:
The Georgian windows are for this in 00
I looked at PHP for the pews but they were very expensive

I will model up some windows to suit the Georgian  terrace, but I think you should give me some sizes for me to adjust them to, or alternatively I will give you the window sizes (my best guess) and you would have to make the openings the right size to match. The dormers and entrance porch are also things I could look at modeling.

Peter

OO Bidley
DCC Layout with TC8 Gold

Model Railway Structures

Posted
Rating:
Just had an e-mail from Shapeways to say my order has been delayed ..............another week to wait. :cry:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
That,s disappointing Peter ,but at least they were decent enough to  let you know.   Whats the matter with them ,don,t they realise there is a whole forum full waiting to see how how you get on with these.

reg

Posted
Rating:
Thanks for response
Reply about window size later today
Pews looking good
Richard

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I wonder what Shapeways ' problem is. Normally my orders are sent a day or so before the scheduled date.

Last edit: by Wizmacnz

Peter

OO Bidley
DCC Layout with TC8 Gold

Model Railway Structures

Posted
Rating:
Houston, we may have a problem …………………….

Just got home to find this from Shapeways Peter.

As I have no idea what these canopy supports should look like off the press, maybe you could tell me if they look OK to you.

They look OK in the "long range" shot but the close up looks as if the cat's had it. :shock::shock::shock:

Let me know and I'll get back to them - or perhaps you could ……………..:roll::roll:

Ah - not sure you can access the attached photos this way …………..:hmm

Joost  Denissen (Shapeways)
 Aug  19 11:15
 Hi  Peter,
 I  wanted to reach out to you about your order 612842.

Specifically your  model: C1 X 7 Scaled. We here at Shapeways try to be as open and upfront as is  possible with our community. I have your model in front of me and it looks like  it did not leave our printing process unscathed. It looks like the model is  missing some details.

Can you review the attached picture and let me know  if you would like us to still ship it to you as is?
 Customer  Service Agent
www.shapeways.com
 Joost  
 Attachment(s)
DSCN3648.JPG
DSCN3649.JPG

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
With regards to the Georgian windows, the drawing I attached is dimensional correct  with regards to windows, but you need to allow a bit extra for the surrounds.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
Houston, we may have a problem …………………….

Just got home to find this from Shapeways Peter.

As I have no idea what these canopy supports should look like off the press, maybe you could tell me if they look OK to you.

They look OK in the "long range" shot but the close up looks as if the cat's had it. :shock::shock::shock:

Let me know and I'll get back to them - or perhaps you could ……………..:roll::roll:

Ah - not sure you can access the attached photos this way …………..:hmm

Joost  Denissen (Shapeways)
Aug  19 11:15
Hi  Peter,
I  wanted to reach out to you about your order 612842.

Specifically your  model: C1 X 7 Scaled. We here at Shapeways try to be as open and upfront as is  possible with our community. I have your model in front of me and it looks like  it did not leave our printing process unscathed. It looks like the model is  missing some details.

Can you review the attached picture and let me know  if you would like us to still ship it to you as is?
Customer  Service Agent
http://www.shapeways.com
Joost  
Attachment(s)
DSCN3648.JPG
DSCN3649.JPG

They look a bit blurred to me, as if the laser was slightly out of focus. If you send me the Customer Service Agent's email address I will take it up with him direct and see if there is something that can be done. 

I had some more done for me last month that are still in the bag. I'll check those out to make sure they printed alright.

Peter

OO Bidley
DCC Layout with TC8 Gold

Model Railway Structures

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Peter.

Here's his e-mail address:  service@shapeways.com

As you'll have read, his name is Joost Denissen.

I replied to his saying I'd ask you for your opinion as the designer and that I didn't know if they were right or wrong as I'd never seen them "in the flesh".  (Being Dutch, I wonder what he made of "in the flesh" ……….:roll::lol::lol:)

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
Thanks Peter.

Here's his e-mail address:  service@shapeways.com

As you'll have read, his name is Joost Denissen.

I replied to his saying I'd ask you for your opinion as the designer and that I didn't know if they were right or wrong as I'd never seen them "in the flesh".  (Being Dutch, I wonder what he made of "in the flesh" ……….:roll::lol::lol:)

I have emailed Shapeways to see if I can get a better handle on what the issue is. 

Peter

OO Bidley
DCC Layout with TC8 Gold

Model Railway Structures

Posted
Rating:
It seems Shapeways are more interested in performance figures than getting things right !!!

This came in today after I'd told them the product designer would be in touch:

Hi  Peter,
 Thanks  for your reply.
 Please  get back to me asap. The order already exceeds it's expected shipping date which  is off course not good for our figures but most of all we haven't met the  expected date that you have received after ordering the order.
 Regards,  
 Customer  Service Agent

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.