dapol railbus

Posted
Rating:

motorising

Hi Gary

Have a look at the Park Royal Vehicles website, some very useful pics including railbus in as new condition.

If you use the same Lima chassis as i have the wheelbase is slightly too short so the kit sideframes will

have to be modified to fit. It was a lot easier to make up the interiors as sub-assemblies.

the roof is held on by two screws and the chassis is screwed into nuts fitted to the interior floors

so it can be taken apart easily. I filled the roof with lead shot which makes it more stable and

it seems to run better too. Good luck with yours  –Ian
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
finished at last, good runner too!

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
A very nice looking model my friend. It is surprising what can be achieved with the old Dapol/Airfix/Kitmaster models with a lot of work and patience. My own versions are on hold at the moment. I am using the power bogies from the Hornby Class 142's and the experimental one ran sweetly with either one or two bogies.

Last edit: by 60019Bittern

I'm old, that's why I'm allowed to change my mind, when I can find it.

My Website: index

Posted
Rating:
Very nice looking model indeed.  I will echo Bittern in saying that some of these old models were quite good and accurate, and can be turned into silk purses with a bit of effort and care.

John

John

Posted
Rating:
Well done Ian.  Very nice model :thumbs

Terry

Posted
Rating:
Hello,

If anyone knows what other suitable chassis that could be used to power the rail bus could you please advise as I am looking at this as a future project and would like to try to source the parts from eBay thanks.

regards

Stephen

Last edit: by GreenBR

Acording to a recent visit to a supermarket at check out time, I an not loosing my memory it has been downgraded which means i am not stupid afterall - Sorted! - What a relief

Posted
Rating:
Excellent result, a very nice model. :doublethumb I have one of those but it is still in the early stages……….i.e. still in the bag :sad:

'Kev

Posted
Rating:
I think I'll just wait for the Heljan model!

Terry

Posted
Rating:
Banned
That is one great looking piece of kit ! ;-) Very nice, I hope that mine will turn out this good…

Cheers, Gary.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.