canal

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Mike, I am also including canal workings on my layout design right now and found that a Google of Images for "Canal locks", "Canal basins" and "Canal Bridges" came up with some inspiring pictures of details in the UK canal system, so have created myself a photo-album of some of the best (easily downloaded with "Save Image as-") pics. Hope this might be helpful for you.
Froggy 8)  8)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Froggy that would be absolutely great, if you could post them to me. Please go easy on me with the computer though, I'm still in the stone age!

Mike.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Froggy, found the site, just what I was looking for, many thanks.

Mike.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Froggy, I know it's not possible to post the pictures on the forum, but I wonder if you could post some links for us to follow :?:
If so a new thread, headed "Canal Reference Photos", would be excellent :!:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

heavytrack said

Froggy, found the site, just what I was looking for, many thanks.
Mike.

Mike, are you now OK with saving these images yourself, there are literally thousands to select from? Just point at the image you want, right click and select "Save image as" to a folder of your choice. They should save as jpg files, although mine save as paintshop pro images because I have that program installed.
Froggy
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Gwent Rail said

Froggy, I know it's not possible to post the pictures on the forum, but I wonder if you could post some links for us to follow :?:
If so a new thread, headed "Canal Reference Photos", would be excellent :!:
Jeff,
I will post a new thread this evening, after I have collected some http addresses to insert. Guess I just hit "New topic" whilst I am in this forum?

Out of interest, whenever I am considering elements for my layout where I might want to scratch-build, or simply get a feel for the item, I Google. If you don't have a Google search bar in your browser header, it really is worth downloading one (they are free). You can set advanced search criteria so that you only get, say, southern region signal boxes, or whatever it is you are looking for. I got some great results for cranes and derricks and coal mines. You simply type in the subject of the search and hit return, when the search results appear, you select Image Search at the top of the page and bingo :lol:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Cheers Froggy.
I'd say put your information in the "Prototype" Section.

So got to that section, hit the "new topic" botton, type a short introductory explaination and the links you have.

Much appreciated. No doubt that information will find it's way into the index for everybody's future reference.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks Jeff, have just done the new thread thing, it might be worth having a look to see if I have done it properly, or if it needs improving. The links don't appear to word-wrap - hope that's not a problem :oops:  :oops:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Froggy, managed to do it Ok. Again many thanks.

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Froggy

I have been following this thread with interest.  Scenic model railways produced the scenes for the Hornby catelogue.  Here are a couple of pictures:

© Nevile Reid, Scenic Model Railways, and the link:

Copyright and Privacy

If nothing else, good inspiration!

Bob(K)
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks Bob, I expect Mike would find these helpful too. Visited the site, some great stuff in the modeling tips section.

The Canal Reference Photos (with links) are now posted in the Prototype forum.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Froggy said

Thanks Bob, I expect Mike would find these helpful too. Visited the site, some great stuff in the modeling tips section.

The Canal Reference Photos (with links) are now posted in the Prototype forum.

Oops, got my froggy's and heavytracks mixed up :oops:

Bob(K)
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I'm already dribbling Bob, the pictures are superb. The way I'm leaning now is I think I'll use the Hornby Lock and one or two other bits and maybe do the straights from scratch. I think it would be worth the pennies just for the effect.

Mike.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.