Wemblesden Park

Posted
Rating:

00 gauge North London WCML

Hi all been a while since I have been on the forum still can't get over that Owen now has a shed puts my progress to shame! 
Well where do I start. 
First I had that camera inspection that came back all clear so still none the wiser as to what the problem is. 
Second I managed too get to the bottom of why the layout wouldn't work after being reassembled in the garage. Turns out that when I painted the fiddle yard boards the paint had caused the MERG kit to see invisible trains! This caused the controllers to hold locos as they thought that there was a loco in the next section. Modifying the controllers to 'turn down' the track sensor has got round the problem just a shame I didn't find the problem sooner as I had to pull out of another show earlier this month at shildon. Staying with the electrics a big bag of LEDs has just come in the post for the control panel that I have been chewing on with over the past few weeks. The panel looks the part just have to make it all work so yet more weeks of electrics…. :roll:

Busy building a new show layout …..

www.westcoastminiatures.com
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
My curent headache should look good when done though… 

The phone is an intercom between the garage and house.

Posted
Rating:
I love reading your thread and all I can say is wow!!

Your control panel is the mutz nutz

Posted
Rating:
Hi all Wemblesden WILL be making it's first outing at this years Shildon show on 10th/11th October. As you can imagine I am working flat out to try and catch up with the 6 months I have lost on the project. I have set up a facebook page for the layout as I find it much easier to post daily updates there especially with regards to pics. Not sure if the page is visible to none facebook users but here's the link anyway…
https://www.facebook.com/wemblesdenpark
Dave.

Posted
Rating:
Got the lower half of the layouts control panel working last night. The white route indicators will turn red to detect a train but that will be a future upgrade when I fit train detection to the depot area. Next week I plan to wire it to the layout then I will be able to move locos around the depot for the first time. The top part of the panel is for the superbloc system and will give me some manual override over the fully automatic control.
Sorry about the quality it was shot on my mobile phone last night.

Posted
Rating:
That's brillant!! I'll be sending you a diagram of Weybourne soon!!:):):)

Cheers
Ron

Proper Preparation makes for Perfect Performance!!

http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=13331&forum_id=21

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
That's an awful lot of ballasting!! :):)
Looking good!!

Cheers
Ron

Proper Preparation makes for Perfect Performance!!

http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=13331&forum_id=21

Posted
Rating:
Up to your usual standard then Dave! Looking terrific. Bravo.
Love the flowers around the base of the model railway owners sign outside his grounded brake van body!

Are the handrails on top of the gantry meant to be loose wire or should they be rigid steel? If rigid steel I found that brass rod was ideal.
Just a thought, I'm sure you've got plenty else to sort before the show. Best of luck.

cheers
Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
3 days to go now until the first outing..
Avant d'accéder à YouTube

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Spectacular Dave.I don't envy you taking that apart and putting it back together.

ps. I've deleted your other post as it's pointless having it twice.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
Very successful first outing for us at the weekend. Sit back and enjoy wemblesden in action..
Avant d'accéder à YouTube

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Excellent, Dave.  :thumbs

How do you transport it?

Posted
Rating:
Van lol :lol: :roll:
No seriously Max there are 4 scenic baseboards so I put 2 of them face to face and attach some MDF end panels with hand holds cut out. These then turn the baseboards into 2' x 4' x 18" boxes that fit in the camper van. I have done the same with the 5 boards that make up the rear storage yards these all fit together to make a similar sized box. The odd one out is the one with all the electronics on it. All the legs fold inside the baseboards out of the way. The rear part of the scenery is on separate boards that just bolt on. ;-)

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Amazing!

Posted
Rating:
I've watched this project develop, I've seen the stills and now I've seen the video from the event.

It's been more than worth all the gnashing of teeth and long hours.

These are seldom awarded, and even less often in multiple.

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Wow 3 elephant stamps cheers Rick. :cool:

Posted
Rating:
Looks like you've lost the position of operator for good mate. Rachael looks very happy and experienced in the role.
cheers
Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Cheers Marty I thing she secretly likes trains lol :lol:

Posted
Rating:
Hi all its been a while since I posted anything in this thread so I had better do a quick update. Electrically the layout has had a rebuild over the past few months. All the nasty mains transformers are now fitted inside proper enclosures and have been mounted onto a display board along with 24 layout control boards. All the relays have been relocated into purpose built relay boxes that are recessed into the end baseboards. The troublesome switches on the cheepo seep point motors have been replaced with latching relays that are switched by reed switches mounted between the rails of the points. Scenery wise the town centre board above the station has been finished complete with a bus station and a large tower block. The comprehensive school has also been finished I just need to do finish the petrol station on that board. At the moment I'm rebuilding the rear baseboards that fit behind the depot. These now represent the DC lines/underground that run behind the real Willesden TMD. My next booked outing is in about 14 weeks time at Perth green, Jarrow so the pressure is on to get as much finished as physically possible. More up to date progress and photos are posted on the layouts facebook page that can be found here..
https://www.facebook.com/wemblesdenpark/

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.