Posted
Rating:
Bod
This is absolutely stunning Dave.
I'm looking forward to Jarrow already.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Just read through this for the first time. Stunning! I absolutely love that signal box. What attention to detail. I will have to attend Jarrow just to see this! :-)

Mike
Pig Hill Yard - a small Inglenook shunting layout for my boys, in 00.

Posted
Rating:
Been a while since I logged on ymr so I had better do a quick update. :roll:
Currently I have been working on the layouts electronics mainly the installation of the MERG superbloc system on the first of the main running loops. This is now working ok and has given me 4 trains running in sequence on the first loop. Now that I have proved the system works I have to install it on the remaining 3 loops so another 18 circuit boards to build ……
Scenic wise I have made up the 2 rear back boards that fit behind the front viewing area and have started on the tunnel mouths.
Stock wise I have recently acquired a hornby Clan Line to run with my white roofed mk1 stock. :cool:

Busy building a new show layout …..

www.westcoastminiatures.com

Posted
Rating:
Another quick update wemblesden has made the final list for next years Jarrow show so I realy have to get my finger out ! Currently I have boards 1, 2 and the left hand rear scenic board in the house so I can crack on with all the scenery. Before we went up to scotland for last weeks holiday (maybe last before passport required) I was building the office block for the depot. This has followed my previous builds of clear acrylic sheet overlaid with vinyl and brickpapers. Pics soon I promise :roll: 

Posted
Rating:
A couple of piccys to keep you intrested ….
The 'roof' over the left hand fiddleyard showing the petrol station taking shape

The foundations for the comprehensive school that will hide the rear storage yards

Main road bridge

The flats located on the left hand rear scenic board

Posted
Rating:
A few overdue pics for those still interested ….

All of the MERG superbloc controllers are now built I just have to wire in and commission the up slow line. Last week the servos for the points and shed doors arrived so I have just ordered the MERG servo driver kits for these. Other developments over the past couple of months have seen the working washing plant built and a start has been made on the shopping center. Still a long way to go to have the layout ready for Jarrow show but im slowly getting there. 15 weeks today and counting …….

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Nice to see an update, Dave.

I like the shop.  :lol:

Posted
Rating:
Dave mate, you are surpassing yourself. I'm gobsmacked at the size and detail… And MERG electronics too. Fantastic stuff, keep it coming.

Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Compliments of the Season to you and yours Dave.
Derek

Posted
Rating:
All the best Dave.

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
It is with great sadness I have to report that wemblesden will not be appearing at this years perth green show due to problems with my health. About 3 years ago I had a hernia operation and have suffered ever since with 'cold patches' that had been getting progressively worse. Over christmas it felt like something inside had gone (probably when I was dragging baseboards out of the garage) so now im back on the sick and off to see the surgeon next week at the hospital for some answers. As for the layout realistically there was no way I could get it all finished in time for the show so we took the decision to pull it. To say that im gutted is an understatement given the amount of work I have put in over the past few months but on a plus side I now have time on my hands to catch up with it! Currently im concentrating on soldering up all the interconnecting plugs and sockets between the baseboards. This has proved much easier now I can work on each baseboard separately as I can turn the board upside down on the table rather than struggle working upside down under the layout. As to when the layout will make its show debut is anyone's guess at the moment as it all depends if I have to have another opp, recovery time, etc so we will see how the next few months pan out.

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Such a shame Dave.  My wife had the same problem ,it took two ops to get it sorted ,hopefully it will be OK now provided she does not strain her stomach muscles .  It could be that you overdid it.  It takes ages to heal internally.
Lorra lorra work you have done on the layout ,would love to see it when ready to show.

reg

Posted
Rating:
Although I'm sure there will be many who will miss your layout wemblesden being exhibited Dave. The main concern must be with your health. Sorry to hear you may have to have another op Dave, good luck for the future, hope all goes well for you!

Always try to look on the bright side of life!

Barney

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
I hope your visit to the surgeon brings good news Dave and you haven't done too much damage.As far as Wemblesden is concerned you'll get there in the end.Your health is more important.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Sorry to hear that, Dave.  Good Luck with it.  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Sorry to read of your health problem Dave.
I trust the surgeon will be able to fix things up for you.
In the meantime continue your great build at a pace that suits you and you will get there in the end.
Cheers,
Derek.

Posted
Rating:
Hi all just a quick update….  :roll:

Big changes to my employment status since I last posted as I had to give up my job for personal reasons. Consequently as I left im not really entitled to anything especially with my mrs working full time so I have concentrated on doing my westcoast miniatures stuff full time with a hope that it takes off. Last month I completed a set of buildings in N gauge of Crinlanich station. This build comprised of the loco shed, waiting room, tea room and old signal box. The buildings will making a show appearance in scunthorpe next month. With the proceeds from the buildings I am now working on a couple of EMU kits in 00 gauge. On the drawing board/workbench are classes 323 and 325 and there is already a lot of interest in these units. As most may know there is currently no 323 or 325 available in 00 so with a bit of luck they should do well.  :cool:

Health wise I still dont know what the problem is although I do feel better since giving up work so maybe the stress of everything that was kicking off around me was contributing to me being so ill. I did have a scan at the hospital and no hernia showed up so now I have to go back and have a camera shoved down my neck! 

I will be starting work on the layout again shortly as I have been given a show invite to locomotion in june. The layout has recently been reassembled in the garage after having a lot of electrical wiring done I just hope it all still works ok when I power it up again. The layout now sits on a timber frame that has allowed me to fit workbenches under it for doing all the westcoast stuff. Over the weekend I have cut down the old garage door and fitted a couple of windows in so now the garage has plenty of natural daylight coming in and is a much better place to be in. 

Fleet wise I have rebuild most of the old locos with the new motors and am looking forward to 'testing' them over the next couple of weeks once I have the layout back up and running.

Last edit: by Westcoast

Posted
Rating:
Sorry to learn of your problem Dave. Camera down the throat is better than one up the a**e!!                                                                                                                                                                            Derek
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.