I,ve got it

Posted
Rating:
Thankyou all for the support and encouragement , went for a bone scan and mri scan on friday just waiting for the results .

Brian(G)
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sorry to hear your news!
I have just had a routine test and its 4.075 got to go and do it again, looks like there is a chance I will be following you down this path, time will tell. ATB
Regards
Stephen

Acording to a recent visit to a supermarket at check out time, I an not loosing my memory it has been downgraded which means i am not stupid afterall - Sorted! - What a relief

Posted
Rating:
Banned
Hi Brian,

Not pleasant news for anyone to receive.. I wish you well and hope that all the treatment fixes the problem. Keep positive.

Regards, Gary.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
News that most of us hope never to hear, best wishes from me and I hope all goes well as It has with others I know.

Jim

Posted
Rating:
Along with everyone else Brian, my fingers are crossed for you.  It must be one heck of a shock to hear that dreaded "C" word but, as Tim, I think it was, said, treatments today are way ahead of what they used to be.

Please keep us informed as things go along but rest assured, we're all rooting for you.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Hi Brian sorry to hear your news. I got myself checked out at the docs a few weeks back as I thought I may have something nasty but thankfully mine was an infection in the old plumbing system. Take care mate fingers crossed for good results.

Busy building a new show layout …..

www.westcoastminiatures.com

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
That,s not good news Brian, but as the guys say things have moved on and treatment is now proving to be able to beat it in time.
Easy for me to say stay positive ,but Brian stay positive.  You can rest assured we are all here for you mate.

reg

Posted
Rating:
Got my results today for the bone and mri scan and the good news is the cancer hasn,t spread to my bones or anywhere else but the doc says the cancer is pretty aggresive so I have to have a op to remove the prostate and repair the bladder as it is not emtying properly all this is going to happen in january and will be out of action for 3 months which will coincide with my retirement in march and looking forward to that !!.

Brian(G)

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
The very best of luck to you Brian.You'll be ok.Roll on retirement.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
I suppose that's good news and bad Brian - good that it hasn't spread but bad that it's an aggressive strain.

The best thing is they've obviously caught it early and that seems to be the key to these things.

Good luck with the op in January but I do wonder who pulls the strings at times.  Retirement coming up and the first thing you have to do is face this lot !!!

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Good to hear it hasn't spread and they can do something about it. Give me a ring if you want a natter as havn't seen you in ages. No landline at house now just on mobile.

Busy building a new show layout …..

www.westcoastminiatures.com

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
The fact that it has not got into your bones is great news ,then it would be much worse.  A bit of a strange Christmas for you Brian.  I will be glad to see the end of 2013, not sure if it,s because it has a 13 in it, but i will be pleased to see it gone and a fresh 2014 to bring better luck.

Looking ahead perhaps you can use recovery time in the new year to plan your next modeling tasks.
I read somewhere (probably a pub) "fail to prepare or prepare to fail")  cheerful innit. 
Good luck Brian ,and keep us posted .

Any more news on your layout?

reg

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Brian, best wishes for January. I had mine removed about six years ago, after about three years my PSA started to rise and I had radiotherapy. Three years further on my PSA is still bumping along the bottom of the scale. The operation is not so bad and I am sure you will be OK.

To all those males over 55 who have not yet found it - Don't ignore it, insist on a PSA test every three years, waiting for symptoms can reduce the chances of a successful outcome. I had no symptoms and my risk factors were very low.

Regards,

Brian

ECoS, Laptop, TrainController Gold v8

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Whats PSA guys?

reg

Posted
Rating:
It's "Prostate-specific anitgen Reg.

It's a protein produced in the prostate and the higher the level, the more likely you are to contract prostate cancer.

They check it by a simple blood test.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
OK.  Thanks peter.

reg

Posted
Rating:
I am still feeling fine the only worry is being told the cancer was pretty agressive hopefully the removal of the prostate may stop it spreading but I am not letting it get me down ,as for retiring in march next year I was planning on doing that anyway ,hope all this makes sense .Sparky I,m already planning my next layout in N gauge been looking at Kato unitrak and rather impressed with it and more impressed with Japanese trains and the running quality of the models I have a spare flush door so it,s a japanese themed layout in the making .

Brian(G)

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Sounds good to me.:thumbs

reg

Posted
Rating:
Hi Brian, glad to hear it has not spread. It seems to me that if they can wait until January to operate they are not too concerned? Let's hope that does the trick and you are back in action soon after.

On Kato track, I used it on my layout, Watton Erith, which is on here somewhere. I think it is excellent stuff, although you  have to think about platform heights etc due to the built in ballast. I built up the land around my track to counter that, as you will see from the thread.

Best wishes

Bob

Last edit: by Bob K

Posted
Rating:
Hello,
Hope all goes well for you, I had my results back last week 1.4 so I wont be joining you after all (Maybe later you never know)
Regards
Stephen

Acording to a recent visit to a supermarket at check out time, I an not loosing my memory it has been downgraded which means i am not stupid afterall - Sorted! - What a relief
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.