Is this the answer to my prayers

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member

Solder Glue.

don`t know about the glue stuff, but this is more like it, a cold solder gun that uses batteries great for repairs to decoders and fine wire stuff,18/20guage solder and no damage to components,

my webcam link 6.19.184.67:8080
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Iuse it on all but track or dropeers

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
The wire glue arrived the day after ordering.  It appears very runny ,a black slime .  it contains carbon so i suppose thats where the conductivity comes in.   The desructions suggest a 12 hour drying time ,until which it remains fragile.   If it rains tomorrow i will escape to the railway room and try it out.  Oh yes a tiny pot ,little more than two thimbles full . i will report ASAP.

reg

Posted
Rating:
[user=1698]Silver fox[/user] wrote:
Iuse it on all but track or dropeers

That looks like a useful implement Owen.  Where did you get it from ?

I'd guess, without any cable attached, it will be very easy to control.:roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
It'll be interesting to see how you get on Reg.  Like many of these things, the advertising agency whizz-kids often tend to get themselves carried away ……………….  Would you be prepared to hang from 10,000 ft on a door having been wallpaper pasted into position ………………..? :roll::lol::lol::lol:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Igot it from Boyes store cheap,but they are on e-bay and amazon,the reveiws are not great but as I said it does repair decoders and small kit just fine,
:thumbs;-):cool:

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Owen - I'll have a look at what they've got. :thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Has anyone had any success with these solder glues yet ( or failures -just as important)?

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I tried some ,i thought it may be easier to use below the baseboard to connect platform lampposts . I did a trial on a straight forward married joint on some fine wire ,it did hold it and was conductive ,but had no strength in it and easily pulled apart .
It may be OK for pcb boards something like that ,but i decided not to trust it for my lampposts.:cry: 

reg
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.