Sealing baseboards

Posted
Rating:
Following a problem [respiratory-wise] with oil-based finishes due to the V.O.C.S I have used water based acrylic varnishes for about 5 years. No/low odour, brushes wash out in water and counter-intuitively, once dry, are waterproof. If by chance you have not replaced the lid firmly enough a drop of water will thin it out, too!

HTH

Doug

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Doug.  Thank you. I will lookout for a stockist. I have trouble with paint tin lids, making a mess of the edge.Best wishes. Kevin

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Q.    â€œ master of none” ?  After deciding to go with the left over Ronseal on my fiddleyard , I began well, but now the blind side of the job has dried a bit patchy. I could leave it as it is, or do a proper job, with the 120/ 240 glass paper?Have you any advice on the best option???  Best wishes.  Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
As long as the wood is sealed that all that matters,  you won't be looking at it normally. .

Now I've finally started a model railway…I've inherited another…

Posted
Rating:
HiQ.  Thank you for your reassurance . But , I have met a few smart donkeys( or another name? ) wouldn’t you just know it , I removed all the metal fittings before varnishing the fiddleyard , and having very carefully screwed them on again I have a gap ,wider than I wanted.    Best wishes. Kevin

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.