laying curves with flextrack

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hi Derek,i used the same pins as you and they are good for that purpose. The only difference that i did was i laid the track where i wanted and then drew a line in pencil either side of it to correspond with the width of the underlay which was then stuck down within those lines then relay track.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Banned
Just out of curiosity, does anyone remove the track pins after ballasting ? I have read about this previously, maybe not on YMR, but I am under the impression that once the ballast/glue has set, there is no need for track pins…

Cheers, Gary.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
I model N scale Gary and can't remember without looking whether they have the holes for trackpins but i've always glued my track down with copydex after using said pins and it's gone nowhere.We all have our own way of doing things.No right way no wrong way.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
[user=1033]spurno[/user] wrote:
Hi Derek,i used the same pins as you and they are good for that purpose. The only difference that i did was i laid the track where i wanted and then drew a line in pencil either side of it to correspond with the width of the underlay which was then stuck down within those lines then relay track.

:) Yes I now use the same method as I have started useing a cork underlay.

regards,

Derek.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.