Painting Dapol 00 scale figures - Part 2

Posted
Rating:
Really good novice - what a transformation after the highlighting ! :wink:  :wink: This thread has gone into the "storage for future use" section !!

Petermac

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Wayne

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that, must give it a go.  It might make acrylic more akin to oils, which would be great.

Thanks for the info.

Bob(K)

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I've used a couple of different brands of retarder for acrylics, and to be truthful I haven't been impressed.  Hopefully they're better these days.   I haven't used the Folk Art Blending Gel.
 Those I used added gloss too, although as you no doubt know a bit of Dullcote would remedy that.

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Just don't shoot the messenger, if it doesn't work!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Wayne  :D

My Layout "The South Shore Line":
http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=509&forum_id=21
This video/animation was made in Adobe Flash Player, which is no longer supported or available for download.

Posted
Rating:
Lat figures I painted were Games workshop stuff and nowhere near this standard but they do do a range of INKS which are great for "crevicing" and dulling down. If you are carefull you can also use them on raw edges on card buildings etc but test for water stains before you start. It IS possible to leave the edges of stick down brick sheets etc until after you have coloured the edge.
I have taken a great interest in this and am also bookmarking it as I will be needing about 20 figures per tram, or like the man said, bankruptcy notices.

Keep up the excellent work.

The Bankie.

Because, except in some unfortunate circumstances, trains did not run on town centre streets
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.