Model Rail Magazine

Posted
Rating:
Terry You would not believe what oap's get down under and they still complain. Cheap Rail Fares $2.50 per day  for all city rail trains,buses and fares,plus I think 4 free Rail Pass each year reductions on the Rates( council tax) water,Gas and Electricity bills also a reduced cost on your telephone bill . The pension for a single person is about £190 per week and for a couple about £250. Makes the UK pensions look sick. And if you are a self fund pension ie you get paid an annuity from a super fund( type of Insurance) unlike the Uk ,when you died the balance of the fund is paid to your family ,not like the UK as you are aware keeps the rest once you died. Never mind at least its warm down under. :lol: GREENFINGERS  ps no January Model Rail yet !!
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Yungaburra this is what you  will find in your mail box sometime next year. Attach photo so that you can recognise when or if you get it regards:lol: Greenfingers

Posted
Rating:
Phew! December Model Rail arrived today. This hobby is just too stressful

Posted
Rating:
Your Kidding  me !!!!! Are you sure its Decembers Issue ?? :eek:  Do you get post on Saturday in Victoria ? . regards Greenfingers

Posted
Rating:
Yes it is the December issue. No I don't get a mail delivery on Saturday but I can open my post office box any day I like!.
Yungaburra is in Queensland, by the way and we Queenslanders don't like to be confused with Mexicans.

Posted
Rating:
Sorry about that Yungaburra god know why I thought you were in Victoria,having crossed the border once I tend to agree with you :lol::lol::lol: Greenfingers 

Posted
Rating:
Don't bring the Frogs into this argument …………!!!! :roll::roll:

Somebody has to pay for the annual overspend in Paris so it might as well be the Brits ………..:cheers

If the Aussies hadn't muscled in on the French wine trade, we wouldn't be in this mess. ;-)  We ex-pats struggle to keep pace with the ever increasing cost of wine.  Did you know we can now expect to have to spend up to 3 euros a bottle for anything drinkable ……….:cheers:cheers:cheers:mutley

I do wonder how the French have managed to buy both the British water supplies AND the British power generators ………..they're not known for being the most efficient country in the world.  Maybe the Germans lent them the money ……..:hmm

p.s.  Let me know when you start the revolution Terry - I'll be there !!! :doublethumb

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Come the Revolution I have a few bottles of top quality port to savour whilst sitting out on my patio!

Derek

Posted
Rating:
Peter,  We too have our wine problems in the U.K.  Cameron is going to put a minimum price on alcohol, allegedly to reduce binge drinking among the feckless layabouts (no I don't mean politicians).  The cost of a bottle of cheap paintstripper will now be the same as your monthly energy bill.  That's about £5000.00, give or take £50.00
Terry

Posted
Rating:
[user=364]Super D[/user] wrote:
Come the Revolution I have a few bottles of top quality port to savour whilst sitting out on my patio!

Derek
:mutley:mutley:mutley

I know Derek, life can be tough at times :roll::roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
the wine prices sound about right Terry.  The pension HM Gov. pay me annually after 40 odd years of pay, pay, pay will just about buy me a bottle of wine …………………:twisted::twisted::twisted:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Hold on you lot. I didn't want to start a revolution. I just wanted my copy of Model Rail magazine!

Posted
Rating:
Sign me up I still haven't got my Decembers Model Rail . Yungaburra did they tell why November's issue was delayed. Reason I haven't got mine one yet be they haven't found out where N.S.W. is yet. Petermac I am in the same position my Pension was frozen as soon as I came down under.:cry: Mind you the wine is cheap.Still can buy a decent cleanskin for just over 2 euros :lol: Greenfingers

Posted
Rating:
[user=976]Yungaburra[/user] wrote:
Hold on you lot. I didn't want to start a revolution. I just wanted my copy of Model Rail magazine!
Only some of us are revolting!

:cool wink  :mutley  :mutley

Jeff Lynn,
Amateur layabout, Professional Lurker, Thread hijacker extraordinaire

Posted
Rating:
[user=976]Yungaburra[/user] wrote:
Ah yes but we did !!  You're just the excuse we needed  :cheers

State pensions aren't frozen here in the Eurozone like they are in Oz Brian.  We get any increases as they come through but I'll have to live to be about 645 years old before I get my compulsory contributions back.  I suppose you could say I part-own the government …………:shock:      Maybe I should think about clearing out some of my less-able staff …………………:hmm

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Lucky bugger !!! :lol::cool:

Posted
Rating:
[user=698]Greenfingers[/user] wrote:
Lucky naughtyword !!! :lol::cool:
Yeah but you get your weather as a bonus plus, the excitement of watching the water go down the plug-hole the wrong way round ………..:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Incidentally, I'm not sure what weather and plug-holes have to do with Model Rail deliveries …………………:shock::shock:  Surely the thread can't have been hijacked :roll:  That's a very rare occurence on here …………………..:cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
So sorry to tell you that while the weathers wonderful ,the water does not go down the plug hole the wrong way , it goes round the same way as yours !!. Even the railways run on the right side and much much cheaper .There I have brought the railways back into the thread :lol::lol:  regards Greenfingers PS  Is Bergerac is in Britanny ?

Posted
Rating:
[user=698]Greenfingers[/user] wrote:
…………………………………. PS  Is Bergerac is in Britanny ?
It could be …………………..provided Springwood's in Yorkshire ……..:cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I doubt it,dont think they could understand Yorkshire people down under. As when they have somebody from the North on TV down here they have sub titles especially if they are Scottish . Only reason I asked is my son has a house in Huelgoat  regards Greenfingers
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.