Model Rail Magazine

Posted
Rating:
#146010 (In Topic #7998)
I don't seem to have received my November 2012 edition of Model Rail magazine
Are any other Australian members having difficulty with this?
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Yes, there are 2 of us in central vic that have not received ours yet.  My Dec Hornby Mag came yesterday and these usually come two weeks apart.  Gives me time to read one.

Mark

Posted
Rating:
Hi Have not received mine also,same as last months Issue, no sign of it . This has been an ongoing saga as the delivery times have been getting every month that passes .For your information I have contacted Emma Reynolds at Bauer Media and she sent me a copy of November's and she has promised to do the same for December's. It appears that they have problem with delivery over in Oz,can't really understand why ,as like you, received my Hornby Magazine 18th November and never have any trouble with Railway Modeller. I sugest you contact Emma as the more that complain the more likely are that they will do something about the shocking delivery times , her email address is emma.reynolds@bauermedia.co.uk regards Greenfingers

Posted
Rating:
Thanks for that news. I am glad I am not the only one missing out! I have sent off an email to Emma and will advise what transpires.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I received my December Model Rail today, The Hornby Mag (Dec. Issue) came about two weeks ago.  

Craig SR

Posted
Rating:
Yep, my December one came today too. No sign of the November issue, though.

I have emailed Emma as suggested and now await a response.

Jeff Lynn,
Amateur layabout, Professional Lurker, Thread hijacker extraordinaire

Posted
Rating:
My December Model Rail issue arrived today as well.  My Dec Hornby mag arrived 2 days ago.  I received my November issue of MR so okay now.  So that means that the Jan issue of Model Rail is due for release in UK in a few days time and will be here in January.

Mark

Posted
Rating:
Clearly the world turns far more slowly than we think.

My January edition of Model Rail arrived in the post yesterday !!!!

Posted
Rating:
Hi all seems rather pointed and galling that the UK get their January Issue  about the same time as we down under ,get the December copy ,mine arrived today. It is begining to seem rather pointless to renew the Model Rail as the Hornby Magazine arrives 2-3 weeks earlier than Model Rail so the news from that magazine is old hat by then. What annoys me is for about 6 months Model Rail have been acknowledging that is a problem with  the Australia delivery and seem to put the blame on the internal carriers within Australia.Despite many promises given to Ben Jones (Ed Model Rail) by  Bauer Media nothing seems to have happened .And if they are saying this is the problem why are the others having no problems with delivery:sad: cheers Greenfingers

Posted
Rating:
Maybe Model Rail should stop delivering the magazine by kangaroo! :lol:  Just to rub salt in the wounds down there in the Southern Hemisphere, my January Model Rail arrived yesterday.  Great read, thoroughly enjoying it!!:lol::lol:

Terry

Last edit: by col.stephens

Posted
Rating:
We don't use Pony Express down under unlike the Royal Mail ,that why when we send things to the UK they get there almost overnight . Suggest that the Royal Mail should think about using something else like for example Air Mail :lol:

Posted
Rating:
Air Mail?  We don't need Air Mail as, judging by the what's been mooted in the U.K. press recently, Royal Mail's days are numbered.  Soon to be a casualty of the great U.K. sell-off!  Get your bit of the U.K. whilst stock last!

Posted
Rating:
No way don't ever regret going to live down under ,mind you for what I hear there aren't many Brits  left now :lol: Greenfingers

Posted
Rating:
Mind you, there's still one advantage to living in the U.K…. I get my Model Rail magazine before you…:lol::lol::lol:
Terry

Posted
Rating:
Very true can't argue with you on that but he weathers better down here :cool::lol::lol::lol: Greeenfingers

Posted
Rating:
I got an email from Bauer Media today saying they are sorry I didn't get my November 2012 edition of Model rail magazine. Apparently they have no more in stock so they have extended my subscription by a month. Now I am starting to worry about not having received the December edition, particularly as I received another email from them apologising for late deliveries because England is under water.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Yungaburra see your last reply ,this seems to be a standard reply ,I have had mine renewed now three times ,but was 3 magazines short which seems rather pointless to have an subscription . This is all very well but when you subscribe to ma Magazine you expect to receive it. All thing being equal I doubt if I will be renew ,even though its a great magazine,its not worth all the hassle every month .:sad: Greenfingers

Posted
Rating:
Brian, that's a pity because I think Model Rail is probably the best of the bunch.  I received the letter, informing me of the late arrival of the magazine, the day after the magazine had arrived.  Basically, the problem here at the moment is that we have had so much rain that all the rivers are bursting their banks with flooding causing problems in some areas.  We are virtually sinking having taken on so much water, but you can guarantee that there will be hosepipe bans in place come next Summer!

Terry

Last edit: by col.stephens

Posted
Rating:
Terry I agree with you that Model Rail is the best of the bunch ,but I am surprised that there isn't a  hosepipe ban in place now.Bet you your water rates will go up next year despite the rain !!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Posted
Rating:
As the French own our water, you can guarantee that the water-rate will go up as the price is probably capped in France and someone has got to pay the shareholders' dividends.  Our foreign-owned power companies have increased our electricity bills by 125% over the last four years.  Same story I believe.  Can't overdo the price increases in their own countries, so make your money in rip-off Britain where utility prices remain unregulated.  Meanwhile, the public sector here are in the second year of a pay-freeze with many now losing their jobs. We are being promised the worst winter in a hundred years, and our so-called government has cut the winter-fuel allowance to the elderly. A simple choice for many between freezing to death or starving to death. You couldn't make it up.  Come the revolution….
Still, mustn't grumble.  As long as Model Rail gets through…:lol:
Terry
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.