Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Yep working again - must have been server problems/maintenance  :doublethumb

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software

Posted
Rating:
Would someone  whip down/up  to Dawlish with a lens cleaner - lens needs a good clean :mutley

- too much salt air I suspect

ps  the driver of the 9.50am downline train  sounded his horn as he went past -  must have been a good looking sort on the bridge !:roll:

Last edit: by gdaysydney

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
down there tomorrow. I'll see what I can do. :mutley

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
No trains today

"No Trains Running Between Newton Abbot and Exeter St Davids due to a Landslip in the dawlish area "

Dave
Notmutley

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Just checked the web cam, what are the flashing lights by the side of the tracks ?

Bozzy(never known to pass a pub)

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
hi Ian,i would imagine some sort of warning light.there has been a landslip at Teignmouth.just listening to it on the news as i type.line closed from exeter st.davids to newton abbott for a couple of days.no full service for two weeks.there has been landslips at Dawlish as well but i don't know if these affect the railway line.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
might be an idea to keep an eye on this at the moment.high tides,heavy rain has left the tracks underwater.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
[user=540]gdaysydney[/user] wrote:
Neat - can someone lets us know thenext time there are storms - so I can watch the wavews crashing over the sea wall onto the track:twisted:
Looking at the weather forecast, now may be the time to watch the waves, not sure what time high tide is!

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
hi Ian,next high tide is 7.27pm so it will be dark.high winds and rain here at the moment.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Early Wednesday morning might be the next best time to view then.

Thanks for that!

Posted
Rating:
Not sure what cause it but the camera is out of action due too a power failure

Dave
Notmutley

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Could be the weather,:thud hope the waves aren't that big :mutley

Posted
Rating:
They have changed the camera angle by 180 degrees -  now I know where those voices were coming from - there was a pedestrian bridge just behind the camera - now its just in front !!

Dave
Notmutley

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I live up on the cliff overlooking this camera (I can see the footbridge and railway now).It is situated on the fence of the old coastguards cottage that became a cafe, a restaurant and has had many other incarnations to my knowledge.I walk down across this footbridge morning and evenings and then along the sea wall usually along to Dawlish Warren and back so get ample opportunity to see most passing trains along this stretch. Up from my sitting room window I can see the trains leaving Dawlish and weaving through the tunnels and along the sea wall as they leave for Teignmouth. Great fun ! 
I have just noticed that   BR(S) Light Pacific 4-6-2 no 34046 Braunton  and SR Light Pacific 4-6-2 no 34067 Tangmere will be on the Mayflower run on the 16th March 2013 from Euston to Plymouth and will be at Dawlish Warren at 12.31pm for anyone close enough.Unfortunately they will not be coming through Dawlish and therefore will not show on the camera
John
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Thanks John,:thumbs

Many years ago I stayed at a B&B that overlooked the railway line - unfortunately  I didn't have much time for train spotting

Dave
Notmutley

Posted
Rating:
Camera back in its usual position....

Dave
Notmutley

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
[user=1455]jackthekipper[/user] wrote:
I live up on the cliff overlooking this camera (I can see the footbridge and railway now).It is situated on the fence of the old coastguards cottage that became a cafe, a restaurant and has had many other incarnations to my knowledge.I walk down across this footbridge morning and evenings and then along the sea wall usually along to Dawlish Warren and back so get ample opportunity to see most passing trains along this stretch. Up from my sitting room window I can see the trains leaving Dawlish and weaving through the tunnels and along the sea wall as they leave for Teignmouth. Great fun ! 
I have just noticed that   BR(S) Light Pacific 4-6-2 no 34046 Braunton  and SR Light Pacific 4-6-2 no 34067 Tangmere will be on the Mayflower run on the 16th March 2013 from Euston to Plymouth and will be at Dawlish Warren at 12.31pm for anyone close enough.Unfortunately they will not be coming through Dawlish and therefore will not show on the camera
John

Found out that Mayflower run was postponed until Saturday 23rd March so watch out just after 12.31pm
And it is coming through Dawlish so will be on the camera

John
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Thanks, I like this view much better as I can see people strolling along the beach ;-)

By the way, there seem to be no trains today …

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
There was 1 earlier. I wasn't at my PC but the page was up and when I heard it I just caught the back end of a freight train travelling away from me.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.