Dawlish webcam

Posted
Rating:
#142857 (In Topic #7760)
Neat - can someone lets us know thenext time there are storms - so I can watch the wavews crashing over the sea wall onto the track:twisted:

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
[user=540]gdaysydney[/user] wrote:
Neat - can someone lets us know thenext time there are storms - so I can watch the wavews crashing over the sea wall onto the track:twisted:
hi Dave
i could do that for you but i think you might be asleep at the time.:mutleyit's nice to see a live feed rather than the ones that update every few seconds.i go past Dawlish station most days at the moment taking my son to work.

Last edit: by spurno

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
[user=1033]spurno[/user] wrote:
hi Dave
i could do that for you but i think you might be asleep at the time.:mutleyit's nice to see a live feed rather than the ones that update every few seconds.i go past Dawlish station most days at the moment taking my son to work.

Thanks Alan ,
I used to be a paperboy in Plymouth and during the Winter there were many times when we would be standing waiting for the newspapers as they were late due to inclement weather  -  large swells  along the Dawlish coast that were stopping and /or slowing down  the trains  resulting in late delivery of  the papers .
As we move to daylight saving - the time difference will be eleven hours  so hopefully you're an early bird :lol:

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software

Posted
Rating:
Is this a real live webcam ??

I'm beginning to suspect it may be a video loop - every time I log in the sun is shining!!

Last edit: by gdaysydney

Dave
Notmutley

Posted
Rating:
I can't access it …………:sad::sad:

Every time I log in, regardless of how long I wait, it just goes to adverts then I can't seem to find anything to click to get me back …………….:???::???:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
same for me Peter.you just have to wait for the adverts to finish.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
All I can see is a black screen :cool:

Posted
Rating:
That happened to me recently too … then I looked at the time and realised it was the middle of the night over there!!  ;-)

Last edit: by SRman

Jeff Lynn,
Amateur layabout, Professional Lurker, Thread hijacker extraordinaire

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Don't they run sleepers any more? :roll:

Posted
Rating:
:hmmIt must have some kind of timing device - I had the webcam running in a separate window and suddenly at 7am (UK time) the webcam went from pitch black to daylight. Tide was in a people were walking along the beachfront

Last edit: by gdaysydney

Dave
Notmutley

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I didn't see 7am but I expect that's the Devon folk just messing us around with the light/dark thing.

Edit: It must be cold down there too as the sea seems to be frozen.

2nd edit: There must be a heatwave, the sea is moving again. More than I can say for the trains! All I've seen so far are 2 people walking down the steps. Wait………………………….20 seconds later: I heard a train and by the time I got to that tab all I saw was its rear end disappearing into the distance :roll:

Last edit: by Trainfish

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Very good, most unusual I had no problems what so ever:doublethumb

Bozzy(never known to pass a pub)

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I think it needs a train sensor about 30 seconds down the line. I've seen the back end of 4 trains now as my PC is a bit old and slow (sound familiar anyone?) and by the time I get there I just see the red lights disappearing into the distance. It's either that or I have to just watch that screen and hope they're not all on their lunch breaks.

Edit: Damn, make that 5!

Last edit: by Trainfish

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Wahey! I just saw one of those little 2-car bus looking thingies.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
hi Dave
today was pretty spectacular with waves crashing over the sea wall and the sea nearly coming onto the road due to the high tide.it's expected to be the same tomorrow.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
The waves are still a bit busy now

Posted
Rating:
[user=1033]spurno[/user] wrote:
hi Dave
today was pretty spectacular with waves crashing over the sea wall and the sea nearly coming onto the road due to the high tide.it's expected to be the same tomorrow.
Damm it -  I have been away  !  

I'll check it later today when its morning in Devon :thumbs

Dave
Notmutley

Posted
Rating:
A 19ft high tide and a bit of wind certainly makes it more interesting :thumbs  You can just make out the waves breaking over the wall at the top left of this screen shot

Dave
Notmutley

Posted
Rating:
Banned
Three trains in 19 minutes, 10:24, 10:38 & 10:43am… Woo hoo !!
That would be 8:24, 8:38 & 8:43pm Sydney, Australia time…
Very choppy seas, watching it smash over the sea wall in the top left of frame is something else.

Cool live video, thanks for posting.

Cheers, Gary.

Posted
Rating:
Clicked on my bookmark to check out  my favourite webcam -  and got a message that the address could not be found - hopefully not another victim of the economic downturn :cry:

Dave
Notmutley
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.