00 gauge - Pen Y Bryn.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Phil

To say I was impressed with the standard of your modeling and backscene would be a great understatement. It's outstanding. You must be very proud of the layout.

Barney

Always try to look on the bright side of life!

Barney
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Barney, it is coming along quite nicely, but my motto is, never be totally satisfied because when you are it's time to pack it all in :lol: The next scene has got to be better than the last ;-)

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
[user=753]Phil.c[/user] wrote:
 The next scene has got to be better than the last ;-)Phil

Then am I ever glad I'm just stating out!   :roll:  ;-)  :lol:

Wayne

My Layout "The South Shore Line":
http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=509&forum_id=21
This video/animation was made in Adobe Flash Player, which is no longer supported or available for download.

Posted
Rating:
[user=878]Gary[/user] wrote:
Once again, great pics !

For those looking for ID backscenes, here is where I bought mine from : http://pufferwillies.co.uk/uk2ecommerce/department/i_d_backscenes/

As Phil said, they are well worth the price.

Cheers, Gary.
Link bookmarked with many many thanks !!!

The Newcastle Model Railway Club
Newcastle Model Railway Club

Posted
Rating:
Hi Wayne, it's nice to see guys from the USA on the forum and I wish you well with your layout, I posted my layout on a USA forum a few weeks ago (Trainboard) ……I got one reply:roll:

Phil

Last edit: by Phil.c

Phil

Posted
Rating:
ps.. luv your work !! :mrgreen:

The Newcastle Model Railway Club
Newcastle Model Railway Club

Posted
Rating:
[user=753]Phil.c[/user] wrote:
[quoteI posted my layout on a USA forum a few weeks ago (Trainboard) ……I got one reply:roll:Phil

Phil,  I have never been on another forum, only this one. I have heard that about other forums before though. I really like this one, no one shuns you or puts you down. After all, we are all learning this hobby, though from the looks of your pictures you are leaps and bounds above me. Your photos look so life like, it's really amazing.

Wayne

My Layout "The South Shore Line":
http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=509&forum_id=21
This video/animation was made in Adobe Flash Player, which is no longer supported or available for download.

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Wayne, you are right, there are good forums and not so good ones, it's all to do with the people involved….you're also right about this one being one of the best ;-)

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Great layout and great photos. As a newcomer your work is an inspiration. Well done.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Here's an area that needs a lot of work, I have'nt decided on what station buildings to create yet and also what to do with the areas either side. The backs of terraced houses is an idea but there's not much room because of the ceiling angle.

I've also chucked in a few extra pics.

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I think I have just been looking at some of the best pictures we have had so far on the forum. Many congratulations on your skill as both a modeller and a photographer Phil.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
[user=2]Robert[/user] wrote:
I think I have just been looking at some of the best pictures we have had so far on the forum. Many congratulations on your skill as both a modeller and a photographer Phil.
In total agreeance with you on that one Robert.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Thanks, both modelling and photography were picked up along the way :lol:

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Fine work.

Perhaps the ceiling angle is sometimes an advantage in photographs - cuts out shadows and glare.

http://dddioramas.webs.com/

11 + 2 = 12 + 1

Posted
Rating:
To be honest, I would rather there not be an angled ceiling as it restrics modelling.

As for the pictures, I am far from being anywhere near a professional but this is what i've found.

A camera which has manual focusing and adjustable settings ie f stops and shutter spead and a tripod and also good lighting is good to have.

One of the key points is the composition, this is what makes the picture, combined with the light and shadows.

Most pictures need correcting, programs such as Photoshop are excellent for this where colour balance, levels and sharpness can be adjusted, also desaturation as the colours in some picture are too strong and un-natural.

I see some pictures posted which look good but with some extra tweeking could look great.

Just my two penceworth:lol:

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
nice pics....WOW :shock:

Last edit: by Jim S

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
This one takes my fancy - early morning light; sagging wires in the fence, etc

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Thanks guys!

What always gets me is, looking at these layouts at standing height they look good, but dropping down to the picture level, all of a sudden we are in the scene and it's real….it might also be a nostalgic thing too, remembering those early times when I used to visit the guys down the bottom of my street in the signal box!

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Here's some more…let me know when your sick of em!

The last one is interesting, it's a Photoshop'd watercolour.

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Another layout that just has so much atmosphere………:thumbs
The scenic work is fantastic and looks so natural…..
I love the picture Sol pointed out too (the one shot from behind the goods shed)…..

Just be yourself…….
Cos those who matter don't mind,
And those who mind don't matter.

Ste
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.