00 gauge - Pen Y Bryn.

Posted
Rating:
You're right Phil - the backscene makes a huge difference.

The layout was fantastic BEFORE you added the backscene - now you've taken it into a whole new dimension.

This picture is a stunner.  The white house, caught by the sunlight, stands out beautifully from the dark hill where presumably, a storm is brewing.  How many times has a scene like this been used in "art books" to define contrast.  An iconic scene brilliantly captured. :cheers:cheers:cheers

I think most of us can simply ditch our efforts and watch the likes of you whilst we imagine it's us doing it ………….:roll::roll::roll:

Forgot to ask - what are the backscenes ?

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Thank you Peter, appreciated!

The backscenes are ID, they are excellent, they come as two 5' lengths per scene, it's possible to much up some of them to make a long scene, they're on thick paper too IMO well worth the price.

Last edit: by Phil.c

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
They are indeed very good backgrounds, perfectly matched by a very natural looking foreground. Great modelling and photography Phil. As a matter of interest are the backgrounds permanently installed. Or have I missed something somewhere.

Posted
Rating:
They are now permanently installed Robert, I wish though that they were available before the scenery was started, but I am talking about a long time ago!

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I'm not normally a big fan of backs cenes, Phil - but they are superb.  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Banned
Once again, great pics !

For those looking for ID backscenes, here is where I bought mine from : http://pufferwillies.co.uk/uk2ecommerce/department/i_d_backscenes/

As Phil said, they are well worth the price.

Cheers, Gary.

Posted
Rating:
… but it's your photography/lighting that brings them to life, Gary.

http://dddioramas.webs.com/

11 + 2 = 12 + 1

Posted
Rating:
The first two pictures were taken with natural light which is the best, this was from roof windows, the rest were with two 500w photo floods placed together.

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Fantastic modelling Gary.   Are you using the 9" or 15" backscenes?

Terry

Posted
Rating:
15" Terry.

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Some more pics.

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
What can anyone do but admire Phil. Stunning, absolutely, especially the black and white picture.

Posted
Rating:
Wow Phil. :shock::shock::shock:

As Bob says, absolutely stunning.  They really could be shots of the real thing.  You must be chuffed to bits with them. :pathead:pathead

Where did you get the smoke on the Prairie (?) in the last B/W shot ?  I'm not usually a huge fan of "shopped" photos but that one looks extremely realistic.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Robert and Peter.

Peter the smoke came from a 4MT in "Heritage Railways of the British Isles" but I would have used whatever looked good. There was'nt a lot of time spent on PSing that picture, I admit it could be better but again, everything takes time :roll:

It always amazes me the difference between viewing from a standing position and ground level, from almost toy-like to realistic.

Here's the original.

Phil

Last edit: by Phil.c

Phil

Posted
Rating:
This really is classy modelling, something to set as a high benchmark. Thanks for posting all this,

Doug

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
My pleasure Doug.

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Hi Phil
I have just come across this thread and have just been gobsmacked at the wealth of detail included and your eye for getting everything to look natural.
Many thanks for posting and please keep on doing so !
RegardsRay

Last edit: by rhiwderin_ray

Regards

Rhiwderin_Ray

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Ray, for the very nice comments. There is still a lot to do with this layout, the station for example, at the moment only the platforms exist, I haven't even thought about what buildings to create.

There are also a few area's that could be added to, to the right of this picture for one. This was a quick snap with a pocket camera so the depth of field is not as it should be.

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
I'd say everything to the right of that shot is perfect Phil - I'd be chuffed to bits if it were a part of my layout.

If it needs "seeing to" it will be really interesting to see what you add.  The difference between an ordinary guy and a Master eh !!!!

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Actually Peter, it's the area behind the storage building which is on the right, I don't have a picture of this part but you can see it from my layout plan.

Phil

Phil
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.