00 gauge - Pen Y Bryn.

Posted
Rating:
Beautiful, not saying the bar is high, but i'm almost 6ft tall, and if I took up limbo dancing, I wouldn't have to bend.
Trying to work out which is the red bucket in the B&W photo :lol:

Paul
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I tell you Paul, it took some doing, painting everything in black and white just for the picture, and then painting everything back to as it was :lol:

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Hi All,

Here's my efforts so far with detailing this area.

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
There's not a lot one can say about that Phil - it's just amazing ………:shock::shock:

It must be all those years of engraving that gives you the "eye" for the detail.  Absolutely mind blowing. :pathead:pathead

I'm going to spend some time studying it in detail then come back with the questions………………:cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Don't make them too hard Peter :lol::lol::lol:

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Here's another one I forgot to put in, have you figured out what the lorry load is yet :lol:

Phil

Last edit: by Phil.c

Phil

Posted
Rating:
I take my hat off to you Phil.

That really is modelling at its absolute best with superb attention to detail. :doublethumb

Regards,
Trevor

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
It really is excellent, Phil.   :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
You know, it really does mean a lot when guys like you make comments like that, thanks;-)

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Terrific work Phil - I couldn't hope to achieve that standard of detail. Hat's off to you!

Couple of questions:
Corrugated iron - Slaters?
And the road surface under the lorry. How did you do that?

Regards,
Shaun.

Last edit: by gastwo

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Shaun,

I can't remember the make of the corrigated sheets, I think they are Slaters, they come in about A4 size.

The area under the lorry, it looks like cracked concrete and it also looks difficult to do convincingly….not so, in fact the base is chipboard, this is the area where I did all my cutting, ie. plastic sheet etc, and it's just the knife marks left from this and painted grey.

Has anyone guessed what the lorry load is yet!

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Hi Phil

I too enjoyed the pictures, some lovely modelling there with great attention to detail - super stuff well done.

Very very nice indeed.

regards

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Do you mean what it's made from Phil or wht it's a model of ?

If the latter, some kind of mining machinery, if the former, the front bit looks like a bit of plastic sprue (judging from the little "blip" in the middle and is the rear bit a "rectangular tank" from one of the Dapol offerings ?

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Forget the "rectangular tank" Phil - having looked again, it's far too small ………….

The front bit looks like either a generator or winch of some kind - it's an engine given the silencer on the side and the rear bit is probably a fuel tank to run it ………..

Looking back to the previous shots - what are the windows ?  They look very "3D" so are they etched or plastic stuctures ?  Also, I'm assuming the stone wall (for the overbridge enbankment) is embossed plastic - it look great - but what's the black "hole" at the top just above the lean-to shed ?  Slate rooves - card ? plastic? or what.  Did you just pick out the "new" slates ?

Loads and loads of little details in there - fabulous stuff. :pathead:pathead:pathead

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Ron.

Peter, that area is just the chipboard baseboard for the model, I painted over the scratches/cuts etc and to me it now looks like cracked concrete.

The front item of the load is the (I don't know what it's really called) electrical component taken from a Bachmann loco when converting it to DCC, the back item is the diecast firebox unit from another loco.

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Clever stuff - I see the capacitor now you've pointed it out.  Waste not, want not eh. ;-)

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Wills, I think windows, slates (individual ones picked out) and embosed wall, small packs, about 4" x 3" sorry to be so vague but i'm working in my studio in the loft and my layout over the garage.

Can't see a black hole? can you ring it?

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
It should be called, Pen Y Bryll.  I was most impressed with the treatment you gave to the little people as well.

Details.  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Sorry Phil - I don't know how to ring it !!!  It's just to the left of the yellow chimney pot and below the parapet on this shot:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:

Phil
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.