Lift Construction

Posted
Rating:
Banned

Bolts

Other model railway suppliers that do scale bolts, nuts, washers and rivets, unfortunately in HO but you could get away with them, are - Tichy Train Group, Detail Associates and Archers Fine Transfers.

Cheers, Gary.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I have one of those Screwdriver sets with about 50 'bits' in lots of shapes and sizes.
As I use the 'punch from the back' method for rivets, I'll investigate to see if any of the screwdriver shapes can be used for bolts, when I have time.

http://dddioramas.webs.com/

11 + 2 = 12 + 1

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Hi-Great idea I have the same/similar kit at home I'll check when return from holiday
Regards
Ian

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Hi Gary Thanks for this info
Kind regards
Ian

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Basic lift construction commenced-It appears as if it will function when I apply the motor. I've tried to attach several pics(jpg) but it will only seem to permit me to attach one-Help please!!!
Thanks for your kind interest
Ian

(Click to enlarge)

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
More pics

(Click to enlarge)

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
And another

(Click to enlarge)

Posted
Rating:
I'm sure we've been here before Ian, but why don't you use our own gallery ?

Attachments apparently gobble up bandwidth and it's so easy to post several shots directly from the gallery.  Of course you do have to upload them into there first ………………

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
yet another-hope its not becoming too boring!

(Click to enlarge)

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Hi Peter I'm sure you have been there before but not with me-I'm not the company you keep LOL
Apologise for any problems caused -have now uploaded to the gallery and will continue to do so after being suitably chastised!
Kind regards
Ian

Posted
Rating:
Most certainly not a chastisement Ian - nor did you cause any problems ………..:cheers

It's just that you asked how to upload more than 1 photo at a time and I answered your query in the delicate manner that I'm so well known for…….:hmm

I'm sure you'll find it much easier :cool wink

I'm looking forward to seeing how the lift is all going to work. :thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Peter -I appreciate that -just my  distorted sense of humour!
I have a motor,gearbox and winch car for the lift but am still looking for a suitable telescopic aerial which will have enough tolerance to contract simply using the weight of the lift being lowered. I may have to add weight to the lift and I have a recess formed in the lift car floor construction which will allow me to do that.
On completion of the lift I require to build an elevated walkway to allow you to get from the lift car to terra firma
Regards
Ian
;-)

Posted
Rating:
[user=849]oldflemo[/user] wrote:
Peter -I appreciate that -just my  distorted sense of humour!
……………………….
;-)
And not missed on me Ian - seems we both have a similar sense of humour.  We're going to get along just fine. :cheers:cheers:cheers

Do I understand that this telecopic aerial will form the lift ram ?

If so, presumably the inner tube will be fixed to the bottom of the lift car and be dragged up when the motor winds the car up the shaft.  Wouldn't a weighted car be enough to depress the shaft again although I wonder how you're going to keep the "rope" over the pulley tight  ……………………….

As a thought, could you have the "rope" attached to both the top and bottom of the car - at the top to a simple "shackle" and at the bottom, around a pulley then coming up internally through the aerial (a bit like a band-saw blade).

When you run the motor one way, the lift rises and when you reverse it (the motor), it descends.  This would keep the visible rope tight at all times and "power down" the telescopic aerial. ………………:hmm:hmm

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
That's exactly how I plan the winch operation Peter thinking or at least hoping that I can hide the rope in the ram and make it work too!
Might be being a bit ambitious but as my departed Dad used to say "aim for the stars even though you only hit your head on the street lamp-if you don't aim you'll never get off the ground"
Regards
Ian:pedal

Posted
Rating:
Banned
The lift is coming along quite nicely. Can't wait to see more pics and eventually installed on the layout.

Cheers, Gary.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.