Baseboard

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
We have discussed Sundeala at lenght on the forum, but I can't find it as a stand-alone item in the index, so it must have been when talking about baseboards in another thread.
Can anybody help by saying where :?: Was it on a layout thread :?:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
There are comments about it all over the place Jeff, including yours and Petermac's own and others on the first page of this topic. Would be good to have a post on Sundeala by someone who has experience of it, good and bad points. One for the Index then.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
i have used 15mm chipboard in my loft layout and its been
fine, not loft board that is to dense, plus standard board is cheaper.
  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:  8)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

owen69 said

i have used 15mm chipboard in my loft layout and its been
fine, not loft board that is to dense, plus standard board is cheaper.
  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:  8)

Interesting Owen - I didn't know there were 2 types of board (although I do know you can get "ordinary" and water resistant).  I agree - usde the cheaper one - it's absolutely fine other than as stated earlier.  Here in my part of France - chipboard is chipboard (or maybe that should be "frites"board  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: )

Petermac

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Many thanks every one, I can get chipboard at a knock down price, so many thanks.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
I could not find any reference to Sundeala on this forum but there are lots on RMweb.
use google & type in
"sundeala" site:rmweb.co.uk

We have something similar down under called Canite & that needs lotsa support. One of my first "serious"  layouts used this onto top of 12mm chipboard & I used it so I could cut grooves easy for wire in the tube point rodding & to accept track pins for spiking of rail since I hand laid all track back then in the dim past.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.