Monthly Project - December - 2011

Posted
Rating:

Stu's Tumbledown Shed.

I think it's a case of adding the unusual that a pure model would't have, such as the iron bar over the window, which helps to convince the viewer. The colour matching is not perfect, nor the proportions of the brickwork, but that doesn't seem to matter if the overall impression looks right.
I added the roof last night - this is pure speculation as I took no photos at the time and it's now been removed!
Photos later.
If anyone needs anything explaining further, please do ask.

Stubby47's Bespoke Model Buildings All photos I post are ©Stu Hilton, but are free for use by anyone.

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
The photos are doing a great job of explaining it all Stu.:thumbs

As you say, the iron bar makes a huge difference to the dilapidation.  I like the wriggly tin over the window - super colours. :cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Peter.

Here is a pic with the roof.

And a pic of the end wall.

Stubby47's Bespoke Model Buildings All photos I post are ©Stu Hilton, but are free for use by anyone.

Posted
Rating:
Stu,
I am looking at your pictures and you might consider more destruction for the roof right over where that opening is for the cockeyed door.

To me it looks like the roof should show more damage in order for the doorway to look like that.

I really don't care what you decide, because i like what you are doing.

Keep it up!

Wayne

My Layout "The South Shore Line":
http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=509&forum_id=21
This video/animation was made in Adobe Flash Player, which is no longer supported or available for download.

Posted
Rating:
I agree with Wayne Stu.  Given the state of the front wall, I think the roof looks just a tad too good …………:roll::roll::roll:

Your original photos don't show the roof but you might consider suggesting that the centre purlin has collapsed taking the roof sheeting with it.  This would create all sorts of "interesting" angles to play with ………….:hmm

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Wayne & Peter,

I see what you're saying, and I'll have a go at distressing the roof a bit more.

In the meantime, SWMBO bought me one of these for Xmas - so providing it's quiet at lunchtime today, I might be able to have a play and add some grass to the front of the building.

Stu

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Bloody good, Stu! I'm in awe…..(as they say).
Don't forget the 'phone line!

Best, Pete.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Lovely tea strainer Stu. :cheers

Whilst I'd never attempt to make my own like some people do, I've always shied away from them because of the crazy price they charged.  This one seems to be a far more sensible offering and I'm not surprised they were "shocked" at the level of interest ………..

Looking forward to hearing how it performs.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I took a few photos of the real building today - it's changed a bit from 5 years ago…

So, do I re-model my version, or make a new one… ?

Posted
Rating:
Make a new one.
… and treasure the old one.

http://dddioramas.webs.com/

11 + 2 = 12 + 1

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I'm with Pete, Stu.  Make another one - we'll all enjoy it.  :thumbs
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.