One Schedule

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member

Ready for testing

Nope.  I tried the JD method, but the Stop Marker never comes on.

I can either get it to stop much too short (in Block 12), or not at all.

I guess if your problem's solved, I shouldn't waste any more time on it.

I know I will come back to it; it's annoying me.  :roll:

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Now then, everyone knew that I wouldn't let this rest.  :twisted:   I went back and read John's post again. 

If I leave the Stop Marker at a nominal 15 centimetres, the train stops as soon as the Switch comes on, soo . .

I kept increasing the delay for the Switch ON until it was 15 seconds and at that point, the train stopped exactly where it was supposed to in Block 10.

:doublethumb

It doesn't matter what the train's position is in relation to the Block - we're not using a CI.

The Switch OFF delay is 5 seconds.  The Flagman's delay is 30 seconds, as per usual - but it doesn't matter really, as the Flagman can switch off even once the next Schedule is running.  Some of the earlier ones do.

So, my discovery is different from John's, but based on the same strategy.  The adjustable parameter for me is the ON delay timer.

How good is this, eh?     :chicken

Posted
Rating:
[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
If I leave the Stop Marker at a nominal 15 centimetres, the train stops as soon as the Switch comes on, soo . .

I kept increasing the delay for the Switch ON until it was 15 seconds and at that point, the train stopped exactly where it was supposed to in Block 10.
That was the start point for me as well…………….once you know it works its much simpler…….but initially you just have to set a long enough delay to ensure the markers appear in traffic control
It doesn't matter what the train's position is in relation to the Block - we're not using a CI.
Exactly!
The Switch OFF delay is 5 seconds.  The Flagman's delay is 30 seconds, as per usual - but it doesn't matter really, as the Flagman can switch off even once the next Schedule is running.  Some of the earlier ones do.
Which is why I am going to try a push button……..less entries

So, my discovery is different from John's, but based on the same strategy.  The adjustable parameter for me is the ON delay timer.
I use the timer to get the markers to appear and then find it easier to fine tune by adjusting the distances……..

I guess thats a double elephant stamp to us both Max and now I can write it up in the tutorial!

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
The idea of the Push Button is seductive, John.  :thumbs

I'm still trying to get my head around using the delay to Switch OFF, rather than ON - I'm sure it will become clearer once you do the tutorial.

I was going to scrap the Track Plan once we have finished using it as a test bed, but I occurred to me that it might solve the problem of making a movie of TC/dccUncoupling, as the action is confined to a small area.

"QUIET ON THE SET."     :lol:

Posted
Rating:
[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
The idea of the Push Button is seductive, John.  :thumbs

I'm still trying to get my head around using the delay to Switch OFF, rather than ON - I'm sure it will become clearer once you do the tutorial.

I was going to scrap the Track Plan once we have finished using it as a test bed, but I occurred to me that it might solve the problem of making a movie of TC/dccUncoupling, as the action is confined to a small area.

"QUIET ON THE SET."     :lol:

I think the delay relates to the time TC needs to trigger the flagman and relay the info re Stop Markers to the Dispatcher

If the pusbutton works that would vonfirm it

Dont scrap the layout Max…….I can borrow the screen shots for the write up:lol:

John
Granby III

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Here's a little video of the process.  I hope it makes sense.

Avant d'accéder à YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH-5OGYZbqw

Posted
Rating:
Excellent Max……………I have a better appreciation of the distances involved now……..it explains the need for delays.

When you have time perhaps you could start a separate thread " Video making for dummies with a digital canera"

John
Granby III

Posted
Rating:
Brilliant Max. :thumbs

Whilst you're doing a "How to" on using a digital camera for John, can you include the following for me:

How to do DCC uncoupling

How to make animated titles

How to do "Loksound" stuff

How to do those green lights for point changing (???)

How to play a musical instrument

How to get your set-up transported to Bergerac Airport

How to get the "engineer" to come over with it

No rush as I'll soon be away for 2 weeks ……………………:cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, John.  Everthing I know about making movies I learnt here.  :lol:

I'll make a list, Peter.  :shock:

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Brian.  John and I have different solutions to the same challenge.  I'm going to do another one using his system, as I reckon it's better than mine.

The plank is a handy test bed for these ideas.

Posted
Rating:
Lovely video Max and those boxcars appear to work very well, in the whole scheme of things they are value for money with the built in decoders.

Regards
Pete.

ECOS2 with RR&Co Traincontroller and a load of other electronics so i can sit back and watch the trains go by.

Posted
Rating:
Good work Max - nice video

now I can honestly say " I've read the schedules and seen the film ":mutley

Last edit: by gdaysydney

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.