One Schedule

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member

Ready for testing

:doublethumb    I've BLOODY DONE IT !

Check out the attachment.   :cool:

I started thinking outside the box.  I went back to a Switch to turn the Flagman on and I put the Switch ON in the Start List with a 5 second delay and then a Switch OFF - still in the Start List.   Ignore the Fs - they're for the coupler solenoids.

Once the Flagman is switched ON, I gave it 30 seconds to trigger the Brake and Stop Markers.  The big breakthrough came when I measured the Block 11 Stop Marker distance from the start point in Block 12 - 65 cm.  Previously I had been measuring from the start of Block 11 - 10 centimetres.   It stopped soon after it got started.

I just knew that there HAD to be a way.  :pathead

So.  It IS possible to stop a loco which is entering an occupied Block when leaving an occupied Block.

Now.  We have to get it to do it with a train (a loco/car combo).

Once more into the breech, dear fiends . . . .     :mutley

Attachment
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I think there was a song in "My Fair Lady" I can adapt…………..I think he has got it……by god he has got it!

Well done Max………………..it certainly works on the simulator. I am tied up with paperwork today but I will try and replicate it on Granby.

Again well done……..it looks as though your persistence has paid off :doublethumb

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, guys.  It should work with the next one, as well - but I'm not jumping the gun until I've nailed it.

The question is, will it help with what John is trying to do?

Supplementary question, should I tell them on the RR&Co forum?  :lol:

Posted
Rating:
I tried it on my layout and I am afraid I couldnt get the loco to leave the start block…..the flagman triggered but the stop markers wouldnt activate:cry:

All I did was modify an existing 2 block schedule that works regularly but where the flagman is triggered by the CI turning off in the start block

I will have another go tomorrow

John
Granby III

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I'm not sure if I'm understanding properly, John.  :oops:

The Switch turns the Flagman on and then turns itself off again.  The Brake and Stop Markers are triggered by the Flagman, whose timer runs for 30 seconds to allow the loco to creep into the End Block.

It's nothing to do with the CI in the Start Block.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Is this how you set it up, John?

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
OK.  I've pushed on now.  I think I may have replicated John's problem.  The loco will run in the Schedules and stop on the Markers when it's pulling a car, but not when pushing a car.  :???:  Going into Block 10 with another car in the Block and the blue car ahead of the loco, the Flagman comes on with the Switch (Start List).

The occupancy part of the Block goes red in Traffic Control, but the Markers never activate.  I tried taking the stationary car out of Block 10, but no difference.

What I'm going to do next is to try to push the car back into Block 11.  That might throw up something.

This is taking a lot of time to make any sense.

It's interesting to read the responses on the RR&Co forum to both John's and my threads.  Two main things are interesting, viz: they are coming up with the same suggestions as we are; and Juergen is conspicuous by his absence.

Updated Track Plan is attached.

Attachment

Posted
Rating:
I dont understand why pushing should be different from pulling in this context. I still have to set up your schedule on Granby and get it to work

I agree with you about the RR&Co Forum………you have had more luck than I in terms of response…….maybe I will give it one more go and then maybe try and email Paul Turvill.

Cheers

John
Granby III

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
You have at least had some responses now, John.  Albeit, I'm not sure if they are helpful.  At least you're not being ignored.

I'm mystified as to why the orientation would make any difference, as well.

It was interesting to find out that the Rules are repeated in several other places - not that it made any difference.

Maybe Paul could have a look at my zipped attachment to see if he has any clues?

Posted
Rating:
Unfortunately he has suppressed his email……..but we are in the same time zone……he is less than 100 miles to the south…..I will try and catch him when he is on line…….I have always found him to be very good.  

John
Granby III

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
MMmmm.  It looks like there is no PM facility on that forum.

No email responses, either - which is a bit of a pain.

On another matter, has there been a dramatic price reduction for TC Gold?

Posted
Rating:
[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
On another matter, has there been a dramatic price reduction for TC Gold?
I didn't keep my receipts but it still looks expensive at USD$584  I don't have a particularly good memory bit I thought I paid about USD $600  - (much cheaper in AUD  now than when I bought it 2 years ago due to the appreciation of the AUD)

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
You could be right, Dave.  I reckon I've had mine for about a year now.  I think I paid about A$750.  Our dollar wasn't so good then.

Posted
Rating:
USD $600  with the AUD/USD rate at  .80c  ( the rate a year or two ago ) would work out at $750  :cool wink

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
You could be on to something there, Brian.  I remember when I was having trouble with Schedule 39, it occurred to me that it was some kind of a timer issue.  It sounds plausible.

I could put in some activity before the Switch in the Start List.  Now I come to think about it, once the blue car is hooked on to the front of the engine, the Start List has less commands.  There's no need for coupler commands, etc.

I'll have another go at it tonight.     Talk amongst yourselves.  :lol:

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Good advice, Brian.  :thumbs

Unfortunately, we still have problems, as the Stop Marker won't come on and the loco runs at 2 km/h until it times out.

With a shorter stopping distance, the Stop Marker comes on, but the train is about 30 cm short - it's actually still in Block 12!

Making progress, but still a way to go.

Attachment

Posted
Rating:
OK I have finally got your solution to work Max :doublethumb

I took an existing two block schedule with flagman that I regularly use and which I know works

I changed the flagman trigger from the start block CI deactivating to a switch being turned on. 

At the start of the schedule I have :

DELAY 5 seconds

SWITCH ON

DELAY 35 seconds

SWITCH OFF

And it works………….consistently. The incoming loco is recognised…..the brake marker activated…..then the stop marker and the loco joins the existing train

This is a real breakthrough……………well done Max for discovering it:Happy

I am not sure if the first delay is required and now I know your solution works Max I think I may experiment with a push button as the trigger

The key entry is the second delay I had to spend a lot of time adjusting it. If it is too short the markers dont get activated. I would like to learn more about the relationship between the delay and the brake marker distance.

The surprising thing to me was the fact that the loco seems to start on the schedule before the delay is completed……….to monitor the set up you have to have traffic control set up for the destination block.

Once I got the principle to work it was relatively easy to fine tune the disatances so the loco gently joins the train……..perfect.

John
Granby III

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, John - but it's been very much a team effort.

I'm interested in your timer strategy - much different from mine.  I'm still trying to get the final Schedule to work, so I think I'll give it a try.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.