Shuffle Puzzle

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Just taken a moment's break from the accounts.

I think my case of wine is safe, John.  It looks like it works in the display, but the train won't physically enter the Block.

It's sitting on the double slip.  Close, but no cigar.  ;-)
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Keep adjusting the stop distances............you arent measuring from the start of Block 3.......measure from the end of block 6......ie before the double slip........and then add some for good luck

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I don't think it's the stop distances, John.  I had this problem before (remember the dreaded Schedule 39?).

The loco stops as soon as the leading wheels touch the rails in Block 3.  It doesn't want to enter the Block.

I've almost finished my accounts, so I'll increase the stop distance in a minute, just to make sure.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Oops!   Sorry about that!  I have been fiddling and left something in place that I shouldn't have.  :oops:

It all works well.  :thumbs  Thanks, John.  Where do I send the wine?   :mutley

I might do a spread sheet explanation for next time we need it.

So, does any of this help your situation?  After all, that's what we're trying to do at the end of the day.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
OK  Here's the Check List:-

. . . which begs the question, "Why bother with Switches?"

Posted
Rating:
[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
Oops!   Sorry about that!  I have been fiddling and left something in place that I shouldn't have.  :oops:

It all works well.  :thumbs  Thanks, John.  Where do I send the wine?   :mutley

I might do a spread sheet explanation for next time we need it.
Excellent:thumbs

So, does any of this help your situation?  After all, that's what we're trying to do at the end of the day.
I have concluded that, if my logic is correct, it cant be done if the start block remains occupied.

Nevertheless its been a very useful exercise and all this correspondence will help me produce a better clearer explamation in the tutorial……..I may even get a response from RR&co:roll:  

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Well, what I should do then, is change the Schedules so the loco goes down to the other end and collects the blue boxcar and tows it back to Block 6, and drops it off just past the turnout, so it's sitting in the Block.

Then go on - move into Block 4 and hook on to the yellow box car, pull it into Block 6 and then push it into Block 3 as before.

I think that should replicate what you're trying to do?

Once again, it's not an unprototypical scenario, so there should be a Way.

By the way, I've made a .jpeg file of the Rules as they apply to what we're doing.  Feel free to use it in any tutorials, if it helps.

It's all in the one frame, so it's a bit easier to read.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.