I just received my book.

Posted
Rating:
#128492 (In Topic #6776)
Inactive Member
I have just received my very own autographed copy of Ian Morton's difinitive guide to Digital Command Control.

I do know a little bit about this subject, but this book is a mine of information new to me.  It's all explained so the beginner can take it all on board.  It's beautifully presented with loads of colour plates, diagrams and circuits.

Well done, Ian.  :cheers

I'm taking to to the club for show and tell.  Is it available in Oz?
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
I had two copies of his first book on that topic-

one went to Auburn up north from me to a modeller &  Peter Lucas of MyLocoSound got the other.

Did Ian charge much for his autographquest:   Mine scrawl is free! :mutley
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Let me know when the idiot's guide comes out.

(Nice pic. Max. Very handsome. Shows what can be done with software manipulation - jokey smiley).

http://dddioramas.webs.com/

11 + 2 = 12 + 1

Posted
Rating:
Seems it's a "Must have" if your DCC.

I tried to get Ian to give a large discount to YMR members - he offered to send it to me "import duty free" …………..:roll::roll::roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I did offer free copies for anyone who attended the special YMR members' launch on Rockall :mrgreen:.

If Max has learnt something from it I am amazed. Someone must have slipped something useful in while I wasn't looking ;-).

It should be available from the usual purveyors of Ian Allan titles (Amazon had the wrong cover - as usual - last time I looked).

It covers the same ground as the 'Aspects of Modelling' title but goes a bit further. Readers of Hornby Magazine and owners of one or other of the Aspects editions will see a lot of familiar stuff - if that is you then examine a copy before you part with your hard-earned.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I'll send an email to my local book store.  I'm sure some members will want one once they see it on club day.

The thing that did it for me was as I was reading things, I'd think, "Now that's the way to explain it."   Those of us who have a bit of knowledge often have trouble passing it on to the newer members, but the book is an excellent tool.

Posted
Rating:
Good to see it in print at last Ian. I have seen it for sale in one of the on line book clubs already!

Last edit: by Bob K

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Can you remember the link please, Bob?

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

This is it ;-)

I have a copy of Ian's "Railway Electrics" which has been both easy to read, easy to follow and probably the only reason I haven't yet blown up the entire electrical neighbourhood.

These books are as good as it gets, being written in a user-friendly and approachable style while assuming almost no prior knowledge.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Your cheque's in the post Rick.

This one is the complete idiot's guide wheras the 'Aspects of Modelling DCC' is the guide for complete idiots….:lol:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Ian, with all these freebies & cheques, you cannot be making much money then  :roll:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=95]Sol[/user] wrote:
Ian, with all these freebies & cheques, you cannot be making much money then  :roll:
He doesn't need any Sol - he recently got hold of my credit card details so I'm keeping him !!!! :cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi all,

I have the original book, must get the new one.

Regards Steve
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
[user=316]Gwiwer[/user] wrote:

This is it ;-)

I have a copy of Ian's "Railway Electrics" which has been both easy to read, easy to follow and probably the only reason I haven't yet blown up the entire electrical neighbourhood.

These books are as good as it gets, being written in a user-friendly and approachable style while assuming almost no prior knowledge.

I totally agree with Rick's comments. Ian has made it easier for us non-electrical minded people.

Craig SR

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Top of the page today (Wednesday) in
Home
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=95]Sol[/user] wrote:
Top of the page today (Wednesday) in
http://www.mremag.com/
And they call that a book "review" ? :???::???::???::???:

To my mind, it's not a review, it's a precis of the contents page !! :twisted:  I suppose I'll have to buy one to see how good (or bad) it is ……………:roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
If you don't like it, blame Max - he's the one giving it a rave review. :mutley

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
We'll see how the club members like it on Sunday.  I've contacted my local bookshop who have confirmed its availability.  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
[user=339]Ian Morton[/user] wrote:
If you don't like it, blame Max - he's the one giving it a rave review. :mutley

I'll bet that cost you a bomb Ian …………………:roll:;-)

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
It's all right, he takes cards :mrgreen:
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.