RR & Co Advanced Fine Tuning

Posted
Rating:

Mastering Brake Compensation

There's nothing up with the Bachmann decoders. The Lokprogrammer identifies them as a Lokpilot basic. I did my first YouTube video of my Fairburns doing a loco exchange and they crawled superbly.
At £12 from Hattons they are an absolute steal they only limited by the number of accessible cv's.

Dave I got the concepts chip last week so I guess it's a newish version. What I did notice, when I test profiled it a Fairburn I had stripped, i got a lumpy profile. When i test ran it i was getting surges of speed about halfWay up the speedsteps….bloody awful. Incidently i had similar surges with all TCS decoders i tried. But then i whipped it into the 3MT I bought it for and profiled it without changing anything and I got a very straight profile and good speed running manually.

Conclusion it must be dependant on the motor it's running? Not very scientific I know but that's me. If it don't smoke and can crawl I am happy.

One day I will be as methodical as Brian (that is a sincere complement) is
and may end up  with runnings  as smooth as his.

I love this little RR&co group…so enlighning and friendly:thumbs:thumbs

Regards
Pete.

ECOS2 with RR&Co Traincontroller and a load of other electronics so i can sit back and watch the trains go by.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=540]gdaysydney[/user] wrote:
 John,  how did you get the stay alive capicitor into the 14xx. 
With great difficulty!:lol:

It kind of looks as though elf and safety have insisted on air bags and it inflated!
I have found the problem with the "stay alive" in  steam locos is that the very locos you need it for ( small wheel base) are the ones where space is a premium.   That said where I have managed to fit them they work well ( apart from the profiling issue - which maybe confined to the first batch.
Agreed…………I find the surge a bit frustrating but I believe that can be resolved by eliminating the DC option.

Re Bachmann decoders  ( accourding to railroad programmer they are ESU decoders)-  I have found that the ones they sell now work fine as long as you don't want to set up speed steps.  I have now profiled about 20 locos in RR&Co and have found the best results are obtained by setting CV2 and CV 5 , performing the speed profiling and then adjusting the acceleration and deceleration  CV's  before finally  finally adjusting the brake compensation back in RR&Co.
Thanks Dave…..thet should be arriving any day now…..all destined for Panniers!

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10
Online now: No Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.