Schedule 39

Posted
Rating:

Train won't enter

Sorry Max i forgot, i have the anomally that with the S88 and an ecos the power drops as the loco crosses the insulated join which acts like a second CI so i don't have the issue of a two block join and i don't need to use VC's.

I haven't finished with this thread yet until we get schedule 39 to operate the way you want there has to be a good old TC workarouund.

Regards
Pete.

ECOS2 with RR&Co Traincontroller and a load of other electronics so i can sit back and watch the trains go by.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Guys

I am back albeit just for a few days…….I was going to post some holiday pics but I got engrossd (yet again) by the box car saga.:roll:

When someone gets a spare minute, could you look at Schedule 39 for me, please?

I've been at it for days now.  It's the only one that's holding up a perfect progamme.  It's probably staring me in the face but I can't see it.

The loco is pushing Boxcar 17 into Block 1 to connect up to Boxcar 59.  The Flagperson and the Switch both work perfectly if I manually push the train into the Block, but it won't enter the Block by itself.  Once it's there, the Flagman and the Switch go off and the programme moves on to Schedule 40 and finishes off the programme.

I've tried messing with everything I can think of, but it just won't go into the Block.

Like Dave I set it up on the simulator and it worked like a charm…………..I checked the detailed messages line by line and everything looks perfect. I am quite satisfied it has nothing to do with the fact there are two cars in different blocks

I agree it is a timing issue but not necessarily the length of the delay but rather the positioning of the delay

Currently the schedule is programmed to start immediately after the command to turn switch 39 on

I think the train is attempting to enter Block 1 before TC has had time to turn on the switch then trigger the flag man and then activate the specified stop marker for schedule 39.

Schedules will not enter destination blocks if there is no stop marker available.

I would add another delay to the schedule start operations…..Engine/Delay/Switch/Delay

Initially try putting in quite a long delay so you can check in Traffic Control that the flagman has been triggered and the marker activated before the Engine starts to move.

If this doesn't work it would be really helpful to see a screen shot of the detailed messages from the moment Schedule 39 is started

Hope this helps……….I have missed you Max:lol::lol:     

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
John, you have no idea the number of combinations of delays, triggers, switches, you name it, I have tried.

The Flagman/Switch simply will not work when the two blocks are so small.

I tried changing the timers, delays, etc.  Too long and the loco won't stop.  Too short and it won't enter.  There is no mid point.

In the end I went out another block and used a VC.  Fixed.

Sometimes we just have to admit that TC won't do everything. 

Welcome back.

Posted
Rating:
Hi guys  -  been away for the weekend and just got back. 

Welcome back from holidays John

Max sorry to hear that nothing has worked thus far.   I'm sure there is a solution and having read all the posts since my last one I agree with John in that all else being eliminated it has to be something to do with the timing of the switches.

That said as this one works in simulation mode I agree we should let Max have a break from this problem ( for a while :lol::lol:)

As you mentioned before Max - "time to get a life"

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software

Posted
Rating:
[user=540]gdaysydney[/user] wrote:

As you mentioned before Max - "time to get a life"

He has got a life it's called Traincontroller :mutley I have got withdrawal symptoms and I have only been away two weeks.

Regards
Pete.

ECOS2 with RR&Co Traincontroller and a load of other electronics so i can sit back and watch the trains go by.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.