New Admin or no new Admin.

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Jeff would suit me down to the ground John but I feel pretty sure he is heavily involved in the new forum and it wouldn't be fair to ask him to split his time and loyalties between the two. If the membership does vote against a new admin then that is what will happen John, a streamling of the whole forum to make it more manageable for me.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Bob, I like the way this forum is run and don't want to see it change so therefore I vote for the second option to change so as to make sure it doesn't change…..if you follow me :roll:

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
The running of the forum isn't going to change Nick. What will change if we don't get another Admin is that the forum will have to be slimmed down so that I can cope with the work load.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
[user=401]pnwood[/user] wrote:
Bob, I like the way this forum is run and don't want to see it change so therefore I vote for the second option to change so as to make sure it doesn't change…..if you follow me :roll:
Nick, the second option of No new admin will create changes as Bob will streamline things & this reduce some of what we have already.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I have to "out" myself and make the point that I have a privileged position.  I have seen some of the behind the scenes action.

I believe that Bob should retain his position - at the very least for the time being, and delegate some of his work.  There are a few jobs, which though time consuming, that don't require high levels of expertise - and which are clearly within the capabilities of the current team of Lieutenants.

At the same time, set up a back up strategy, with a Moderator - and I suggest Sol, who can liaise with Jim in the event of glitches like we had a few days ago.

I have always been in favour of a succession plan.  History has shown me that where one person has been a generous and effective benefactor, often it requires a Trust or the like, to fill his shoes.   I'm not sure that Bob's generosity and high level of epertise, together with his preparedness to put in the long hours, is going to easy to replace with one person.

After reading all of that above, I'm not sure if I'm voting YES or NO.   :oops:

I'll have to read the question again . . .

Posted
Rating:
Bob and Sol

Yes fully understand and that is what I tried to say, we need to make the change and have a new administrator so there won't be a change in the way the forums runs :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
For the forum to stay the same as it is Max there has to be an addition Administrator as only an Admin is allowed by the software to make the changes that have to be made on a regular basis. As for the lighter jobs that the mod team can do then Sol has already taken the nomination and voting for the header picture off me but he doesn't have the power to manage FTP and changes to the database to get the picture up there on the page. Only an Admin is allowed to do that.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Just in case members missed the revised first post by Bob

Clarification of the affect of the voting. The second choice speaks for itself. It's the first choice which may not be as clear as I may have wished. Voting for a new Admin means that there will be two of us at the helm. The new Admin and myself. He will not be replacing me.

Plus to change your vote - there are the two tick boxes, one of which should have your existing vote so get rid of that by clicking on it and then tick the other box
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Yes, Bob.  I know.  It's not going to be an easy question to resolve.

I've just read it all again and I still can't decide.    :shock:

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Firstly I too will "out" myself as it was me who bought this ticklish problem up with Bob earlier this week.

That taken into account, if the members want an additional Admin to help lighten Bob's load, I offer my services.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Bob, I vote "yes" for all the above reasons as well. You continue to do a magnificent job but like many other members I would like to see the forum continue to be updated as thoroughly as you do now
Cheers
Steve
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sorry, me too….thought it was an attempted coup…

Cap'n Bob, I'll go with the motion to have a new administrator as long as he keeps it like it is. Is this now to be Admiral Bob on the Upper Bridge?

Please subtract one 'no'.

Cabin Boy Doofer

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
[user=95]Sol[/user] wrote:
Firstly I too will "out" myself as it was me who bought this ticklish problem up with Bob earlier this week.

That taken into account, if the members want an additional Admin to help lighten Bob's load, I offer my services.

I would formally like to propose Ron (aka Sol) as co-Administrator of the YMR forum.

Bravo that chap for stepping forward !!:pathead

Last edit: by Stubby47

Stubby47's Bespoke Model Buildings All photos I post are ©Stu Hilton, but are free for use by anyone.

Posted
Rating:

I originally voted No as i am a Pillock and didn't understand the question properly. Now however i am an enlightened Pillock and have changed my vote to Yes :pathead

'Kev

Posted
Rating:
I agree with Doofer, i go with the change as and when it has to happen but like everyone else i would like it to stay the same even if someone else has to man the captains seat from time to time.

Now if you dont mind i off for a lie down as it has completly confused me working out what this all about, :thud.

Just to say i know i aint on here much but i am still about, just my stents have failed in the last few days so i aint back to normal like i thought i was, so bear with me please.

Bob you take it easy, after all you are a Lord so you have the power :cheers

Phill

Posted
Rating:
[user=98]Kevr[/user] wrote:

I originally voted No as i am a Pillock and didn't understand the question properly. Now however i am an enlightened Pillock and have changed my vote to Yes :pathead

Let's start a Pillocks Club! Then for the first time in my life I can be 'PC!'

Doug [Vice Chairman of the YMR PC.]

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

Posted
Rating:
[user=312]dooferdog[/user] wrote:
[user=98]Kevr[/user] wrote:

Let's start a Pillocks Club! Then for the first time in my life I can be 'PC!'

Doug [Vice Chairman of the YMR PC.]

I second doofer to be Vice Chair :mutley

Phill

Posted
Rating:

OK Phill, and you can be treasurer and i will be the secretary. …………Right that's the Committee sorted out

'Kev

Posted
Rating:
Sorry, Phil, just seen your previous post, you must be really browned off with this by now. I don't suppose a set of 'OO' gauge drain-rods would be any use?

Best wishes,

Doug

Posted
Rating:
Well done for stepping forward, Ron.

http://dddioramas.webs.com/

11 + 2 = 12 + 1
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.