Kidmore N Gauge Micro Layouts

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
OK, but I did understand that the purpose of being a member of this Forum was to participate. Going elsewhere doesn't seem to fit that.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Hi David.  Part of the critical mass of this forum is it's Gallery.  It's an important part of members' commitment to our group to build it as we go.

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
[user=161]sviaggio[/user] wrote:
Hi! Pardon my ignorance, but did those beautiful ugly Diesel cars ever really dragged anything?

sergio

An even stranger sight were Railcars 35/36 and 37/38 which were designed and built as Single ended vehicles to be run together as a two coach unit  . They often had one ordinary coach   coupled between them which gave a multitude of capacity  carrying options for the train . If a standard coach was used it allowed 184 passengers to be carried on a 3 coach set as opposed to 104 on the twin set.

That reminds me I have an excellent book by J Russell on the GW railcars which are one of my favourite railway vehicles due to their ugly appearance which is special in its own way - problem is I cannot think where I put the book when we moved here . I hope its in one of the boxes yet to be unpacked otherwise I will be looking through the second hand lists AGAIN !

Richard. A sorely missed member who lost a brave battle in 2012.

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.