More Help Needed with Boxcars, The Musical

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
:mutley   Does the expression, "Get a life" ring any bells, Dave.

Good Luck with it.  I've still got one Schedule to tidy up while you're doing that.  The coupler commands could be better placed.

:cheers
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
No luck so far.
:cry:

What is interesting is the difference response between the two schedules ( 13 & 23) when starting from Block 11
 - the speedo  - moves for schedule 11 but not for schedule 23. Additionally in schedule 23 block 12  shows occupied almost instantaneously with the schedule starting - some thing I observed in the download where schedule 23 ends at block 9 rather than block 12.:???:

Are you seeing the same thing Max / Pete ?

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I think so, Dave.  Interestingly, I let the loco run on until it left Block 12.  The system shut down.  :roll:

Posted
Rating:
[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
:mutley   Does the expression, "Get a life" ring any bells, Dave.

Good Luck with it.  I've still got one Schedule to tidy up while you're doing that.  The coupler commands could be better placed.

:cheers
I must be some sort of masochist as I actually enjoy the challenge of solving problems that involve some sort of logic - although I am beginning to suspect that this problem may not be due to a logic failure on our part but due to a bug in the software :lol:

You be pleased to hear that I have have been doing other things as well as sitting at the computer and I am going to take a break now to do some work outside before the threatened rain arrives.

To further prove or disprove that the schedules are the same I will experiment by deleting the stop markers and flag from block 12 to see if RR&Co objects to have more than one flag marker in a block - if schedule 23 does not run when I have done that then at least we will have proved that it for some reason or other it is NOT identical to schedule 13.

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software

Posted
Rating:
I think so, Dave.  Interestingly, I let the loco run on until it left Block 12.  The system shut down.  :roll:
Was that running schedule 13 :shock:  ?

Sounds like even your computer is giving up the challenge !

Last edit: by gdaysydney

Dave
Notmutley

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Dave.  It's a glorious blue sky outside so SWMBO is out doing archaeology on the yard in the guise of gardening.  I'm waiting for the footy showdown on TV - the Derby between Port Power and the Crows.  Both with poor records - they can't BOTH lose, can they?

In the meantime, I have noticed that in the new Plan, the Flagman is now switching OFF.

Continuing with your theory about the software, I might just download a fresh version of TC.  Last time I had a mystical problem, a fresh download solved it.  Can't hurt, can it?

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
[user=540]gdaysydney[/user] wrote:
Was that running schedule 13 :shock:  ?

Sounds like even your computer is giving up the challenge !

No.  Schedule 23.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
WOW!! That was exciting!

The loco wouldn't shut down and was inside the shed grinding it's wheels.  There was nothing I could do but hit the kill button on the Lenz.

I had to plug in an LH 100 and physically take control of the loco, before I could get it to stop.

Whew!     Now, where was I?   Oh, yes.  A fresh download of TC.     :pedal

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
I'm waiting for the footy showdown on TV - the Derby between Port Power and the Crows.  Both with poor records - they can't BOTH lose, can they?

It could be a draw!

OK, back to me decoders & BEMF.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
[user=95]Sol[/user] wrote:
It could be a draw!   Surely not.  One team must be more pathetic than the other.

OK, back to me decoders & BEMF.
Sounds interesting, Sol.   Say on.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
OK.  Progress report.   Cleaned the track and all wheels.  Downloaded fresh copy of TC.

No change.

I'm a bit intrigued by your suggestion of one Flagman per Block, Dave.  I wonder if I can piggy back Schedule 23 on to Schedule 13's Flagman.

I might try using the same Switch as well.  :hmm   Worth a try.  Stand by.  :cool:

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Nope.  Now Schedule 13 runs on.  :???:

At least we have established that it's not being caused by more than one Flagman in a Block.

Posted
Rating:
Max and Dave, be patient with me i getting on this late remember.

If it's any consollation Boxcars 23 did not stop in my Sim either. Ok a few points for clarification:

Both Boxcars 13 and 23 have a loco departing Block 11 going to Block 12, hooking up a boxcar,  the following scheds deposit the boxcar into a block to the left?

First thoughts before i go digging Flagman 13 and it's associated B&S markers worked fine in my sim and became active in the correct order and stopped the engine. Flagman 23 became active but it's associated B&S markers remained inactive. The core of the problem i thinks.

Now since the B&S markers for both Flagman 13 and Flagman 23 have the same distances wouldn't it be reasonable to suggest that Flagman 23 is not nessacary and that Sched 23 should use Flagman 13 the known good settings? There by simplifying the set up. I think that will also make Switch 23 redundant as well?

I will leave you with that consideration and keep digging.

Regards
Pete.

ECOS2 with RR&Co Traincontroller and a load of other electronics so i can sit back and watch the trains go by.

Posted
Rating:
:hiPete,

Some background -

-  Max's original problem was that schedule 23 wasn't working for Block 9. Then we noticed that in theory schedule 13 & 23 were the same but with different end blocks.
So to try and solve the mystery Max revised the file so that the two schedules ended with the same block - block 12

So you can see that we have been sidetracked.   I am running the loco only and have got up speed with the use of the switches to trigger flagmen in schedules but so far have been of little use in trying to solve the problem.

Last edit: by gdaysydney

Dave
Notmutley

Posted
Rating:
Good evening Dave, it is a bit of a conumdrum, is Max here yet?

OK i have gone with my suggestion of sharing SW13 and Flagman 13 and there associated B&S markers for both Scheds 13 and 23 making SW23 and Flagman 23 redundant, to cut it short Sched 23 still did not stop the train.

Bare with me again chaps because i am learning very fast about flagmen and enjoying it so thanks for that.

The B&S markers are activated by the flagman correct? the flagman is made active by the switch been set to on by the start operations list for both sched 13 and 23.

In both cases the switch comes on, the flagman waves his flag and Brake marker becomes active for Sched 13 even though when the flagman waves his flag which it does in Sched 23 the brake markers ignores it? this is the problem?

Now i have just got the Brake marker to work in sced 23 and stop the loco. :doublethumb

In the start operations list in Sched 13 there is considerably more delay time before Switch 13 is turned on, however in Sched 23 there is less is only 500m/s. see below both lists.

Now i have just increased that delay time to 10 seconds and sched 23 activated the B&S markers stopped the train on cue. Is this a case of TC needing more thinking time?

By the way i am still working with only Switch 13, Flagman 13 and their B&S markers for both Scheds 13 and 23.

Regards
Pete.

ECOS2 with RR&Co Traincontroller and a load of other electronics so i can sit back and watch the trains go by.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
[user=450]wogga[/user] wrote:
Now since the B&S markers for both Flagman 13 and Flagman 23 have the same distances wouldn't it be reasonable to suggest that Flagman 23 is not nessacary and that Sched 23 should use Flagman 13 the known good settings? There by simplifying the set up. I think that will also make Switch 23 redundant as well?

I will leave you with that consideration and keep digging.

Pete.  Have a look at Post 19 and 20.  Tried piggy backing Schedule 23 on to both Switch 13 and Flagman 13.  No good.  Then Schedule 13 wouldn't stop either.

I've even tried a fresh download of TC.

It's a ball buster, men.  :Red Card

It does make me feel a bit better that neither of you two worthy practitioners have cracked it yet, either.  :mutley

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Pete.  The problem isn't the Switch going to ON.  It won't go OFF.

The Simulator doesn't always replicate what happens on the layout, but just so we can eliminate the delay being the problem, I'll increase it to 10 seconds in Schedule 23 Start List and report back.

It takes about 20 minutes to run the sequence, so stand by.  I'll be Bach.

Posted
Rating:
While you are running a test Max, in your original file all i have done is increase the delay in start operations in sced 23 to 3 secs and it works as designed, less than 3 seconds it won't work.

I will now look and see if switch 23 switches off at the end in the sim.

OK Max that all went smoothly the switch comes off at the end of the finish operations which in turn will only start when it is triggered by the stop marker in Sched 23.

This is what i end up with in Block 12 at the end of Sched 23 note the switch and flagman.

Last edit: by wogga

Regards
Pete.

Posted
Rating:
[user=450]wogga[/user] wrote:
In both cases the switch comes on, the flagman waves his flag and Brake marker becomes active for Sched 13 even though when the flagman waves his flag which it does in Sched 23 the brake markers ignores it? this is the problem?

Now i have just got the Brake marker to work in sced 23 and stop the loco. :doublethumb

In the start operations list in Sched 13 there is considerably more delay time before Switch 13 is turned on, however in Sched 23 there is less is only 500m/s. see below both lists.

Now i have just increased that delay time to 10 seconds and sched 23 activated the B&S markers stopped the train on cue. Is this a case of TC needing more thinking time?

By the way i am still working with only Switch 13, Flagman 13 and their B&S markers for both Scheds 13 and 23.

Pete,

Good pick up… I had thought it might be the timing of switches but my experimenting with delays had no success - it appears RR&Co may need more thinking time than we thought (pardon the Pun)

Are you seeing the speedo record anything ? my experiences with schedule 23 are that it didn't have time to react - does the extended delay fix that problem ?  If so you may have cracked the mystery

Dave
Notmutley

Posted
Rating:
Dave our posts have crossed see edited post 98, yes the speedo was bob on,

Regards
Pete.

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.