Train Sets 2

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
OK.  I think I have slavishly followed everyone's instructions, but the loco continues to fail to stop in Block 4 at the end of Schedule 2.

I've tried it using a Train Set and doing it as a single loco.  No joy.

I've Zipped the Track Plan and hopefully you guyz will be able to open it and run it on your simulators.

Attachment
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Right fellas i might turn things on their head now with. if i run a loco into a block occupied by another loco for joining, without any VC's or other things TC detects and slows and stops it on the designated B&S markers….how.

Here is the schedule Block 24 to FY3

Here are the rules

Here is the finish operations list

And it works loco trundles to FY3 into the block slows and stops…..how?

I cheat so am i cheating.

Time to play with Max's boxcars now.

Regards
Pete.

ECOS2 with RR&Co Traincontroller and a load of other electronics so i can sit back and watch the trains go by.

Posted
Rating:
Max can you tell me what are the start blocks for the engine and the boxcars? Thats the problem when you send the file out rolling stock is removed from their blocks, and which sced do i run?

Don't worry got them.

Last edit: by wogga

Regards
Pete.

ECOS2 with RR&Co Traincontroller and a load of other electronics so i can sit back and watch the trains go by.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Pete, the only difference seems to be that you have removed "No enforced release of blocks or routes on termination."

Posted
Rating:
Hi Max the thing is i don't use virtual contacts.

I can't run Boxcars, i don't think its anything wrong with your upload, i just can't get the blocks red in the simulator to start the sched. Done it now, sorry been on a spreadsheet most of the day i am buggered.

It's running now.

B&S markers in block 4 there is the first stop marker without its brake marker i would try adding one.

The sim looks good Max your engine stops as soon as it gets into Blk 4 and joins ok. So imo TC is good it sends the stop command.

Regards
Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Hi Pete.  The extra Brake Marker is John's idea.  It's supposed to be linked to the Virtual Contact.  It might stop on the Sim Pete, but on the layout it plows on into the buffers.

The difference might be that the sim can't see the decoder in the boxcar.  I dunno yet.  I'm back to building the new chook house today, so I'll get back into it tonight.  Thanks for trying.  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Max might be a practical thing, you maybe going into block 4 a bit fast at 30kph, considering its got to stop pretty sharpish for joining. try lowering the speed a bit in the preceding block and block 4 so it enters block 4 at a slow shunting speed, might be talking a load of rubbish as i don't know your block lengths? just a thought i run mine at 10kph for joining.

It might be worth having the throttle window open for the engine to what TC is doing and to see if it does try to stop in block 4, if it does and your engine doesn't its a pratical rather than TC. Just a thought mate. it looks good to go in the sim and i set up my scheds in the sim all the time away from the layout and have faith in them.

Is the braking CV set pretty low?

Just thinking mate maybe clutching at straws.

Regards
Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I've tried running it with just the loco on the layout, Pete.  It works fine.  As soon as I introduce the boxcar - trooble at 't mill.

Posted
Rating:
Just a thought, take the boxcar out of the block and replace it with another docoder deviice e.g, an engine and see if that works.

Does the throttle window for your running engine show TC is stopping the engine when it hit block 4, or is it a case of tc tries to stop it but the decoder is jammed? i am just trying to discriminate whether it is a hardware problem or software.

Regards
Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
[user=450]wogga[/user] wrote:
Just a thought, take the boxcar out of the block and replace it with another docoder deviice e.g, an engine and see if that works.
That's a thought, Pete.  I'll let you know.

Does the throttle window for your running engine show TC is stopping the engine when it hit block 4, or is it a case of tc tries to stop it but the decoder is jammed? i am just trying to discriminate whether it is a hardware problem or software.
It's definitely a software issue because the loco stops fine without any boxcars on the layout.
The throttle is showing that the loco is running at 30 km/h., and that's what it's doing, jammed up against the buffer stop.

Posted
Rating:
I deleted the content of this post because it was footballs!

Regards
Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Most of this thread is way over my head, but this post caught my eye:

Right fellas i might turn things on their head now with. if i run a loco into a block occupied by another loco for joining, without any VC's or other things TC detects and slows and stops it on the designated B&S markers….how.

Here is the schedule Block 24 to FY3

Here are the rules

Here is the finish operations list

And it works loco trundles to FY3 into the block slows and stops…..how?

I cheat so am i cheating.
Not cheating, call it creative scheduling!

No one has taken you up on this, and without VCs or flagmen I am baffled.

I cannot figure out how to get train tracking to detect the loco when it reaches FY3.

So… let me enjoy Sunday - tell us how you do it, please.

Regards,

Brian

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Brian that's just it i don't know. I understand the electronics are current sensors and are not supposed to be intelligent enough to measure current, so once activated that's it on or off. But that's how i have always done it.

As you know i have been doing loco exchanges since i started and i have always done it this way.

I can have a loco sat in a block "ticking over" and i can back in a second loco hook it up to the coaches and naughtyword off with them.

The only thing that John and i differ is, other than using VC's, is our hardware is different.

So sorry Brian if i have ruined your Sunday, give it a go yourself with a couple of blocks???????

See my Heljan TT thread, i have just been running a repetitive schedule of 180 loco turns for over an hour and it's still on the tracks!

Regards
Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Pete,

Sorry, I misunderstood your post.  I thought you had worked out how to cheat TC into recognising the incoming loco.

I tried it last year when we last talked about it.  I couldn't reproduce your way then, but then, I couldn't get John's virtual conact to work either, until I put a second section in the block with the VC as its indicator.

I'm not sure whether it's the way I'm doing it or if there is some vital difference in our hardware.  Does FY3 show pink continuously from the time the first train enters until beyond the time the second loco stops?

Nice work with the turntable, it seems to be coming together now.

Regards,

Brian.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Brian that's just it i don't know. I understand the electronics are current sensors and are not supposed to be intelligent enough to measure current, so once activated that's it on or off. But that's how i have always done it.

As you know i have been doing loco exchanges since i started and i have always done it this way.

I can have a loco sat in a block "ticking over" and i can back in a second loco hook it up to the coaches and naughtyword off with them.

The only thing that John and i differ is, other than using VC's, is our hardware is different.

So sorry Brian if i have ruined your Sunday, give it a go yourself with a couple of blocks???????

See my Heljan TT thread, i have just been running a repetitive schedule of 180 loco turns for over an hour and it's still on the tracks!

Hi Pete, been away for the week on a golf tour so only just catching up on things. Could it be that because of the rules you have set to allow entry into an occupied block, that TC is clever enough to work things out when the previous block (UP) becomes un-occupied?

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Max,

I'm trying to get a feel for what's going on here.

I downloaded your file, and the first thing I noticed is in edit mode. On the Engines and trains panel, click on one of your boxcars and select properties. It has the decoder address OK, but under the general tab, bottom right is a check box No contact.  This is checked, so TC will think some unknown decoder is in the block with the car.  It may not make any difference to what happens, but I think it would be best unchecked. If you are going to shunt other cars on to that one then it ought to have a length and contact distances, but if you are only moving one car around the distances probably don't matter.

Hope that helps, but I'll keep digging,

Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=422]Geoff R[/user] wrote:

Hi Pete, been away for the week on a golf tour so only just catching up on things. Could it be that because of the rules you have set to allow entry into an occupied block, that TC is clever enough to work things out when the previous block (UP) becomes un-occupied?

Hope the golf was good? Could be Geoff sounds very plausible, the anomaly is that even though the finishing occupied block stays pink when working live,the incoming loco obeys the B&S markers set out for it??? and i think that is what is causing the head scratching so somehow it is pretty good at identifying the loco has entered the block.

Catch up on the TT thread, "Geoff's 180 fix" was used faultlessly for two hours this afternoon!

Brian wrote
 "I'm not sure whether it's the way I'm doing it or if there is some vital difference in our hardware.  Does FY3 show pink continuously from the time the first train enters until beyond the time the second loco stops?"

Yes it remains pink,(it goes white in the sim when the loco gets closer to the block) i must do some more testing just prove it ain't a freak?

John's VC works well in the sim but Max can't replicate it on the track, i guess we must wait for "die meister" to step ashore unless Max is is usual tenacious self and cures it.

It's been another top thread i mananged to learn a few things from Max's schedules.

Regards
Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Max, would you give this attachment a try.

It seems to work as it should on the sim.  In particular, the virtual contact comes on, the section it controls goes pink, and the brake and stop marker come on, the train window shows the loco stops, and it joins. (all in block 4, of course)

You will need to adjust the brake and stop distances in block 4, especially the ones linked to the VC, and also the VC ref. dist. to get smooth coupling.

These are the changes:
1    No contact unchecked for B06 and the rest
2    Enable join by train tracking checked for loco and B06 in the engines and trains> properties(Because I prefer it - it saves having to put delay and join in every schedule as a list)
3    moved the stop marker away from the start of the block and inserted brake marker, block 4 (just to give me time to see what happens on the sim)
4    VC block 4: changed ref. indicator to Midway Central
5    inserted second section at entry to block 4 using VC block 4 as its contact indicator
6    placed brake and stop marker in the new section to stop the loco (I hope this fixes your current problem). You will need to adjust my provisional distances to fit the layout.

I look forward to seeing if it works,

Brian

Attachment
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Brian.  I've been busy all weekend - particularly yesterday (Sunday) with our monthly club day.  Then a new grand daughter arrived as well.

I'll have a good look at it all tonight when I get home and see if I can make some progress.  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
OK fellas you ain't going to like it, but i have just set up a small schedule of a loco entering an occupied block to join onto the back of a train using my unorthadox method.

I opened a traffic control window (Window - New Traffic Control) and selected the block where the joining was going to place. This is what i observed and videod.

As the loco enters the occupied block, you will notice that the block bar goes from pink to white for the duration on the "distance" i set of 10cm before braking starts. The block bar turns pink again and you will notice the brake marker is activated. As indicated by the orange bar at the bottom of the Traffic control window the loco slows and stops as the stop marker is activated.

This was done live and not in the sim, if you listen carefully you can hear the loco chuffs in the background:mutley.

Conclusion something is telling TC a loco has entered the occupied block? what who knows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt0YHbgJvAE

Regards
Pete.

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.