RR&Co with a Heljan DCC Turntable

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
[user=434]John Dew[/user] wrote:
Glad you liked the video.

If you havent bought the LDT  yet you might want to consider the Fleischman Turn Control unit instead……..its a bit more expensive but very good……..I know some users have had problems with Traincontroller and the LDT unit. Turn Control integrates seamlessly with TC. If I use Turn Control to manually move the TT the next time I boot up RR&Co the TT moves to match the mimic diagram on TC….brilliant

Have fun and let us know how you get on

Cheers
OK…done…I ordered the Turntable, Turn Control and some extra track outlets !  Happy Christmas me.  Thanks for the advice John and Pete.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I've just watched this "dancing locos" video again John - absolute magic !

Not only is the control highly impressive but looking again at all the detail is a wonderful experience.

You must be delighted with the results of your labours - it's such a pity the rest of the world can only share it via an electronic link.  It must be fantastic in real life.

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Peter……I must confess I did the same! Its ages since I watched it. Probably time I did another video…..particularly now I have a “third unit”! My daughter Gillian bought me a remote camera to use with Zoom and Facetime……..but it multitasks and I have it on semi permanent surveillance of the storage yard…..saves moving the terraced houses to check uncoupling…….but it also takes videos.
The turntable remains a joy to operate…..its so totally reliable…..I probably dont use it enough, I need to introduce more loco exchanges from the shed. I am embarrassed to admit that some locos havent stirred from the shed this year:oops:

Did the Jinty work out ok?

Best wishes

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
Wow - lucky you with the new camera John.

Have you had a chance to try it out on other functions yet ?  If so, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the results - in the form of a "latest version of dancing locos" ……………..

Re the Jinty, yes indeed, I did do as you'd suggested, minus the stay-alives - and it works - see the appropriate thread !!  I may have a go at adding the stay-alives before too long as I'm sure they'll be useful with a short wheelbase loco.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Its brilliant for checking uncoupling! The image appears on a small part of the RR&Co monitor. I think an an all dancing video will have to wait until 2021 and the hotel completion………and the I have plans to do a Sol and extend the storage yards:shock:

John
Granby III

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Yes the 'dancing locos" is a treat    :thumbs

and it seems my ''track addition fame" is spreading  :mutley

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Its definitely catching Ron:lol:

John
Granby III

Posted
Rating:
Beeching had nothing on you two ................... :mutley

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.