Box Cars

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, John.  I suspected that having a boxcar as an engine wasn't right.  I'll have a go at the change once I've done my chores.  It's mothers' day this week end, so there are some SWMBO commitments taking priority at the minute.  :lol:

On another point; do you think it's worth the effort for me to do a tutorial on the Train Animator?  It might save someone some time in the future.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
Thanks, John.  I suspected that having a boxcar as an engine wasn't right.  I'll have a go at the change once I've done my chores.  It's mothers' day this week end, so there are some SWMBO commitments taking priority at the minute.  :lol:

I know the feeling…..spent all day in the kitchen……havent been near the railway room:twisted:

On another point; do you think it's worth the effort for me to do a tutorial on the Train Animator?  It might save someone some time in the future.

Yes please…………I have sadly neglected updating and editing the tutorial

Could you put it in the new section?

If I numbered the posts in the new section could you change the titles for me if I gave you a list?  Then I could create an index and by clicking at the top it would be sorted in numerical order………..this is what Chris, who is much more organised than I, is doing in thr Itrain thread in MRG………………if you could that would be a great help and would provide the impetus for me to finish the job

Kind Regards

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Absolutely, John.  It will take a little while.  I'll be back to you.

Posted
Rating:
Great………….I have to create the list first……..I had in mind

Index Number                   Old Title                         Post # (for you)

Title = Index Number + Space + Old Title

I will have a go over the next few days then you can do it at your convenience

John
Granby III

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I'm a bit confused by this now.  I made up a train and tried to drive it out of the shed.  It wouldn't go, and I have no idea why.  I deleted the train and after much perseverence eventually managed to get the loco to come out of the shed (bearing in mind that I have already done this in the other Track Plan), but it won't go into the next Schedule - no matter what I do.

I've even tried to start it off in the last block of the first Schedule, but it refuses to start.  I've been at it for three hours now and and I'm no further advanced.  I'm fed up with it, so I'm going to watch TV.

When I'm recovered from my funk, I think I'll strip all of the box cars off the layout and see if I can get a simple set of Schedules to run.  I feel like I've been set back about 6 months.

In the meantime John, could you expand on your description of "Train" please?  I originally created the train in Engines and Trains, but that MAY have been the cause of my initial problems.  Do I have to create a "Train" in each Schedule, then?

Posted
Rating:
Max if you send me your files I will see if I can help

I suggest you have the Messages screen up when you try and start the schedule and TC will display a short message stating why the schedule will not start.

When this happens with me I do the following

[1] Check that the Schedule itself works

Replace the Train Set with a single loco both pysically and in TC

Ensure when assigning the loco to the block that it is correctly orientated

Ensure that the block is set up as a start block

Make sure you have a destination block

Make sure that the destination block or any intervening blocks are not reserved for other locos 

If the schedule still doesnt work I create a new schedule making certain I am using default rules

Assuming the schedule now works with a single loco

[2] Check that the Train Set is correctly constructed in TC.……..the loco and each box car should have been set up separately in Engines and Trains

Initially they should have had separate entries  (Create Engine or Create Car) having done that you select any one of the components and Right Click [Train Set] [Change Train Set] and select the Loco and/or Cars that will be added to the original component

They must be in the right order and the loco must be correctly orientated…….if for example the loco is facing forward and will leave the shed from right to left you must see that in the image within the block.

Call up the throttle for the loco in the train set and check it runs as expected manually

Hope this helps

John
Granby III

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Hi John.

Thanks I will send it to you.  I'm pretty sure I've done all of those things in the last 5 hours of looking at it, PLUS:-

I have removed the train, taken all of the boxcars off the layout and written two new Schedules.  I can run the loco back and forth in Schedule 1, but it won't go on to Schedule 2.  I even wrote a Schedule 3 which won't work either.

I'm missing something, but I can't see for the life of me what it is.  :shock:
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.