ZIMO

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
There are suppliers on the forum, Pete.  Even they've run out.  :cry:
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Well Digitrains were there and i asked on your behalf Max and was met by a very frustrated supplier who says he can't get hold of either Zimo or Esu at all. He was obviously very agitated and i am obviously not the first to yank his chain.

End result no idea on both accounts when he will receive any new stock.

Point to note no apology? They were demonstrating sound though i think, weren't a lot happening while i was there.

Only sound chips was a stall selling books and videos and he had about 12 pre blown Loksound 3.5's, my money stayed in my pocket.

Other than that a good show, both brianpr1 and i bought an auto ballaster from green scenes top bit of kit will come in handy with my new layout, demo below:

Pete

Regards
Pete.

ECOS2 with RR&Co Traincontroller and a load of other electronics so i can sit back and watch the trains go by.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Pete.  Jeremy is a very nice bloke.  Very helpful and always answers email queries.

I guess what it's saying is that there is a huge market for loadable decoders.  :mrgreen:

Posted
Rating:
Interestingly the March copy of Hornby Magazine includes an article about fitting sound to a ViTrains 37 using a Zimo MX644. The writer lists a number of reasons why he prefers this sound chip.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
it would seem Zimo are biting already,just seen the ad for South west digital in railway modeller,
the price of loksound decoders have dropped to £96.50, were £110 last time I looked,
:hmm:lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
It sounds like Paul Chetter, Geoff.  He's the bloke who's coaching me.

It doesn't make sense to discount the Loks, Owen.  Zimo are constantly on back order and ESU have stopped making the 3.5s.  I'd be jacking the price up if it were me.

Who said that user gereated uploadable sound decoders were a gimmick?  They're selling faster than they can make them.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Max I may be wrong but to me it reads the Lok 4.0 is £96, take a look on the site and see .
:hmm:lol::lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Which site, Owen?

Posted
Rating:
[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
It sounds like Paul Chetter, Geoff.  He's the bloke who's coaching me.
It is indeed, Max. It seems that he has a series of articles comming up within the mag using Zimo, with some very detailed accounts of functionality and how to use it - including "stay alive" capacitors.

Posted
Rating:
[user=15]owen69[/user] wrote:
it would seem Zimo are biting already,just seen the ad for South west digital in railway modeller,
the price of loksound decoders have dropped to £96.50, were £110 last time I looked,
:hmm:lol::cool:

Might be a clue there Max …………………:hmm:lol::cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
sorry Max, try www. Southwestdigital.co.uk
:thumbs:lol::lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Owen.  £96.50 works out for me at about A$160.00.  Ex-US prices work out at A$135.00 landed, so they must be getting a good mark up.  £110.00 works out at A$183.00 - still very expensive.

If you can get L 3.5s in Oz, they are up to A$230.00  (£138.00), and they wonder why we buy overseas!

Posted
Rating:
Thanks, Owen.  £96.50 works out for me at about A$160.00.  Ex-US prices work out at A$135.00 landed, so they must be getting a good mark up.  £110.00 works out at A$183.00 - still very expensive.

If you can get L 3.5s in Oz, they are up to A$230.00  (£138.00), and they wonder why we buy overseas!

I saw the Loksound 3.5 on sale for $150 today at the Sandown show Max.  And that was at a model rail show.

cheers

Neil

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Did you get any, Neil?  Orient Express here in SA charge $235.00, last time I looked.  :shock:

Posted
Rating:
Did you get any, Neil?  Orient Express here in SA charge $235.00, last time I looked.  :shock:

Naa, I'm waiting on Loksound 4's Max.  I was actually on the prowl for scenic material and anyone selling Zimo stuff but Orient Express wasn't at the show and they are the only people likely to sell it.

All Aboard Modelbahn were selling the Loksound 3.5's.

cheers

Neil

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi sounds great i hear that a new tiny chip the zimomx648 is due out soon which is ideal for 'n' gauge locos as i use the loksound micro in my 501 emu.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
[user=113]Neil Wood[/user] wrote:

Naa, I'm waiting on Loksound 4's Max.  I was actually on the prowl for scenic material and anyone selling Zimo stuff but Orient Express wasn't at the show and they are the only people likely to sell it.

All Aboard Modelbahn were selling the Loksound 3.5's.

cheers

Neil

Lok 4s are in now, Neil.  A$189.00 at End of the Line, Victor Harbor, so your regular supplier will have them.  Kernow is an ESU stockist now as well.   I've downloaded the V4 Lokprogrammer.  It's still in it's early days, but it works OK.

Posted
Rating:
Is it just a software update for the Lokprogrammer for V4 Max?

Cheers

Neil

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Not quite, Neil.  I might do a review in a fresh thread in DCC to explain it better.  :pedal

Posted
Rating:
I'm using the Silent Running Sounds taken from a toy submarine.
Works well.

http://dddioramas.webs.com/

11 + 2 = 12 + 1
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.