Station Building

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user

Building the medium size R004

[user=363]Janner[/user] wrote:
  I must try my hand a card project sometime.
John, not just sometime but now - get stuck into them. 
I have a Metcalfe kit or two that I have to fiddle around with the give some 3D effects as well.

The big advantage with Scalescenes, that if you muck up one bit, print it out the page again & start afresh

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Really great build Ron, sitting on the platform with matching platform sides it looks superb!! I like the way you have added the gents around the back, it actually looks much more authentic.

John Wiffen
Graphic Designer
Scalescenes.com

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
[user=524]Scalescenes[/user] wrote:
Really great build Ron, sitting on the platform with matching platform sides it looks superb!! I like the way you have added the gents around the back, it actually looks much more authentic.

Thanks John.

With the platform not that long, I did not want to stretch the building all the way along so it was perfect for the gents to go at the back.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Looks great planted Ron, so much so i have just ordered a few more scalescenes goodies this week and have big plans for my terminus station, i think i nearly have a full house just best get some card now!

Regards
Pete.

ECOS2 with RR&Co Traincontroller and a load of other electronics so i can sit back and watch the trains go by.

Posted
Rating:
[user=95]Sol[/user] wrote:
[user=363]Janner[/user] wrote:
  I must try my hand a card project sometime.
John, not just sometime but now - get stuck into them. 
I have a Metcalfe kit or two that I have to fiddle around with the give some 3D effects as well.

The big advantage with Scalescenes, that if you muck up one bit, print it out the page again & start afresh

Hi, Sol,

Remember, if you take a scan of a Metcalfe before you start, you can print out a " 'mergency stickin' plaster' " to cover up co'-ups or alternatively re-cover a Metcalfe with Scalescenes paper to match your layout [or cover up mega-co'-ups!!!]

Doug

[ who has made most of the card and paper mistakes already, often…..]

Oh, there's several 'free' Scalescenes to try your hand on too.

D

Last edit: by Chubber

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Yes Doug, I have tried the "freebies" as well.
I do have Metclfe goods shed that needs attention - I may completely re-brick it either with Scalescenes or The Brickyard package. ( this gives me an idea for a new thread)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sorry, Ron, I should have made it clear that I was trying to encourage John, I know you are an old-hand at Scalescenes stuff now!

Doug

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
Sounds like the cowboys are moving in! patch up cover up! what happened to the precision card building:mutley

Regards
Pete.

ECOS2 with RR&Co Traincontroller and a load of other electronics so i can sit back and watch the trains go by.

Posted
Rating:
[user=450]wogga[/user] wrote:
Sounds like the cowboys are moving in! patch up cover up! what happened to the precision card building:mutley

Yes Wogga and when that ol' dawg does build a perfect one he then goes and cuts it, batters it and slaps paint all over it :shock: Somehow makes it look better though :thumbs

Nice build Ron, a great addition to layout, you can have your thread back now;-)
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.