Guest user

Whats yourbpreference for an occasionally portable layout

Useful when working outside:mutley

Nigel:cool wink
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
When I was back in the UK I was a regular exhibitor of my portable layouts with baseboards of a size that would readily fit in the boot of the car. I also had my own lighting.

I always used the tables provided by the organisers, but because they were invariably too low I made 'I' beams to go athwart them out of 3"x1", and these gave the additional height needed both for view and my comfort. They could, of course, be levelled if need be with a bit of packing.

I preferred to use the tables because they were substantial and more able to resist the pressure from onlookers. They also acted as a barrier. Legs or trestles don't offer that security.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I've just purchased three of these  : http://www.toolshopdirect.co.uk/item.php/site/froogle/sn/FTAL1

They were a smidgin over £20 each, and raise to a height of about 3'6". Also they are quite wide at about 2'6", so will suit my oddly shaped Polbraze layout.

Stu

Stubby47's Bespoke Model Buildings All photos I post are ©Stu Hilton, but are free for use by anyone.

Posted
Rating:
[user=465]Stubby47[/user] wrote:
I've just purchased three of these  : http://www.toolshopdirect.co.uk/item.php/site/froogle/sn/FTAL1

They were a smidgin over £20 each, and raise to a height of about 3'6". Also they are quite wide at about 2'6", so will suit my oddly shaped Polbraze layout.

Stu

They look handy Stu but they appear to be a "smidgin under £30" rather than the same amount over £20 :hmm

They also seem fairly light and fully collapsible so would be easy to pack in the boot of a family car.  Not sure where you'd put the layout ………………….:roll::roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Hi Peter,

I didn't actually buy them from the site I linked to, they were from a local supplier (Macsalvors - £21.03 each). The are currently in the car, they fit lengthways between the back seat and the estate rear door, leaving plenty of room for the layout (once it's finished…).

Stu

Stubby47's Bespoke Model Buildings All photos I post are ©Stu Hilton, but are free for use by anyone.

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Stu.  They do look like useful kit. :thumbs

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.