Rating:

Petermac's Railway

……Or Petermill Junction???
:hmm
Cheers,John.B.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Doesn't have to be personalised John - "Milltown Junction" sounds about right :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
is the mill on the junction Peter if so how about PETERMAX MILLJUNCTION.

Phill

Posted
Rating:
I need Tim's axe !!!

I'm starting again. :twisted::twisted:  The boards are far too heavy and awkward, the track bed is too hefty and most of the trackwork is in the wrong place !!!!  I had wanted a station on a curve (a la York) and, to take my Pullman train, it has to have 6ft platforms.  To get that onto the end of what I've started, I'd need the whole house and Liz has said a firm "NO".

The track plan will stay roughly the same but maybe not quite so ambitious.  I'm going to take more care with planning and track laying this time.  Also, the flux I used when soldering seems to be gently digesting the track itself - not a pretty sight !!  I've learnt a lot since then. :roll::roll:

I plan to use ply for the framework, slightly smaller than before and not quite so heavily engineered - do you think 10mm would be strong enough ?  I'll have to stick with my 2'6" depth but they'll only be 4ft long instead of 5ft.

Back to the drawing board. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Forget the layout for a while, and enjoy yourself………………………………………………………………………. weather a wagon, you know you want to :cool wink

It must be the weather, your might not be the only layout to bit the dust, or get Tim's axe :twisted:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Peter

You should be deciding on the location first worry about the baseboards later

Buy liz a box of chocolates a big bottle of wine and give her a cuddle then say well my dearest where its going to go :lol::lol:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Forget the wine and chocolates - who wears the trousers in your place?  Just walk in, say "Woman, the layout is going there, I will get a miniature York and that's all there is to it."

Then book your cheap flight to Cornwall and come and stay with us until Liz calms down - a year or so should be enough :roll:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=200]Christrerise[/user] wrote:
Forget the wine and chocolates - who wears the trousers in your place?  Just walk in, say "Woman, the layout is going there, I will get a miniature York and that's all there is to it."

Brave or fighting talk that …… depends how fast you can run, duck or weave. :pedal:thud:mutley

Thinking on Bourdeaux …… bottle of ………… how about "The Vineyard" as a name for the station?

:chicken

Cheers,

John

Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posted
Rating:
[user=285]Alan[/user] wrote:
…………………………………..

It must be the weather, your might not be the only layout to bit the dust, or get Tim's axe :twisted:
Come on Alan - don't hold back !! :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I note all you Cornish guys are full of fighting talk down in the toe of Britain - you haven't met Liz yet have you ?  She's not usually as quiet as this -

unless she's had plenty of these -

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
[user=285]Alan[/user] wrote:
…………………………………..

Come on Alan - don't hold back !! :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
Lots of discussions at the moment, as soon as a decision has been made we will inform you all :thud:thud
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I was a bit worried when I read Brian's suggestion.  Wine, chocolates - "Where is it going to go?"

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
mmmm yes ,well that makes two of us Max!!!!

:mutley:mutley:mutley:cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
You could always move the railway outdoors into the garden?? :roll: :hmm
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Is that swimming pool with your cat in your garden Peter?

If so empty it put a roof on the top and hey presto you have a layout room.

cheers brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Good idea Dave. But the baseboards are so heavy. If Peter makes too many suggestions Liz might move it for him :mutley

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=8]MikeC[/user] wrote:
Good idea Dave. But the baseboards are so heavy. If Peter makes too many suggestions Liz might move it for him :mutley

Mike
Or dump me in the pool - it wouldn't be the first time !!!

Last edit: by Petermac

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I need Tim's axe !!!

No! No! No!

Posted
Rating:
The boards are far too heavy and awkward, the track bed is too hefty and most of the trackwork is in the wrong place !!!! 

Situation normal, then :lol::lol::lol:

Posted
Rating:
[user=5]rector[/user] wrote:
The boards are far too heavy and awkward, the track bed is too hefty and most of the trackwork is in the wrong place !!!! 

Situation normal, then :lol::lol::lol:

:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.