The Serif Learning Thread

Posted
Rating:

or.....Matthew 15:14

I have done it and it worked but when i took the signs to the paper they looked smaller than they should from the bottom box, is this right or have i done wrong
 Thinking about it i think they are 00 size they ont be big :oops:

I do it again in the morning and show you.
Phill

Last edit: by phill

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Phill, each of the four little panels should be 42 x 36 mm,

Doug

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
Well what you think, i did it :doublethumb, easy peasy japan-easy :Happy. Ok Sir bring the next bit on, got it cracked now i reckon :thumbs. For some reason my pics are 35x25 :hmm but i think they do, i mean else will see my work on my layout, apart from Rick if he comes round next time he is over here, he wont notice so shush dont tel him :roll:

Apart from Les and me who else is doing this then? I must say its fun using this programme, frustrating yesterday after Teacher put wrong size up and it would not work but when he realised his mistake it went ok. I print of the instuctions from the tutor to make it easier to use the programme, so i can then file them and use them when i embark on something myself when i pass the exam, which i will because. well i just will ok :cool wink.

Phill

Last edit: by phill

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
if you read my threads you would see I did it last week, or before !!
:thud:thud:lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I thought we was waiting for this thread to start before we embarked on our own, always get a smart ar** :Red Card:mutley

Ok where is your thread then?

Phill

Posted
Rating:
Where is yours Owen?

Well done Phill, a Bisto badge for you!

Doug

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
with a couple of oldies for luck, on plain paper as a test , I now have them on photo paper ready to use.

:thumbs:lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Huzzah!!! We are the Serif Super Team!

[Windows and doors next, eh?]

The class of 2010, where are the rest of you,? I don't know who I'll take to the senior prom……:shock:

Doug

Posted
Rating:
Yeah i thought there was more of us, maybe its to hard for them and only us brain box'x can do it. :thumbs

Phill

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
[user=9]phill[/user] wrote: 
For some reason my pics are 35x25 :hmm
That's 'funny!! After the professor told me my pictures were too big and then suggested they should be 42 x 36 I did it all again and this time they have turned out to be 35 x 25 exactly like Phill's and not the Profs. I feel detention coming on.:oops:

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
[user=18]Les[/user] wrote:
[user=9]phill[/user] wrote: 
For some reason my pics are 35x25 :hmm
That's 'funny!! After the professor told me my pictures were too big and then suggested they should be 42 x 36 I did it all again and this time they have turned out to be 35 x 25 exactly like Phill's and not the Profs. I feel detention coming on.:oops:

Les

No Les we are in control of the proff, he just thinks he is :mutley. Anyhow for 2 of us to get the same size and in my book that means the proff is wrong :roll:

Phill

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hello Phill,
Two Wrongs never did make a Right. :It's a no no So I'm afraid its "lines, detention and 6 WHACKS with the slipper, mate.:twisted: :shock: "He That Must Be Obeyed" will be along shortly to administer afore-said punishment - OUCH x 6 - certaily brings tears to your eyes,
Kind Regards,
Michael Thornberry.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Nah i dont mind cause the maid will be doing it, she flying in from Bob,s place to do it. Take a look :thumbs

Phill

Posted
Rating:
If you have  another look at paragraph 3 of the instructions, I bet you have put Width at 3.6 and not height. Serif will keep the proportion of the original, if you put in Width at 3.36 then it will make height slightly smaller…….so that it is still the same shape as the original. Please have a look and see what you put in for HEIGHT.

Doug

Last edit: by Chubber

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
Wow, she passed my place on the way to the airport and gave me what for! I'm contemplating getting it wrong again.:doublethumb
Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
No all mine where put in height of 3.6 as told mate. They look ok anyhow. I be me more carefull with the next project then.

When i close the programe it save's them to a file i created amd when i bring them back i have to resize each time for some reason but thats ok as i then know they are correct.

Phill

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
[user=312]dooferdog[/user] wrote:
If you have  another look at paragraph 3 of the instructions, I bet you have put Width at 3.6 and not height. Serif will keep the proportion of the original, if you put in Width at 3.36 then it will make height slightly smaller…….so that it is still the same shape as the original. Please have a look and see what you put in for HEIGHT.

Doug
Sorry sir but having checked mine heights are all correct and the width is 4.48 mas o menos.:???:
Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
[user=312]dooferdog[/user] wrote:

Doug

Having re-read this - is it 3.6 or 3.36?

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hello Doug,
You really have to keep these unruly Pupils in order. :Red Card Not like you at all, mate. Methinks cuff behind the ear should "straighten them out".  :thud Nice modelling idea, Doug, shame about the calibre of these "modern" students, :lol:
Kind Regards,
Michael Thornberry.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.