Diesel depot - Scalescenes R023

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
[user=1505]toto[/user] wrote:
Hi Sol,

It's looking really good, can I ask what the yellow sleeper is and is that loco hoist the Ratio version ?

Cheers

Toto

Toto, thanks

Yellow sleeper identifies uncoupling magnets    http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=8481&forum_id=6

and the hoist is by Ratio,

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Looks the part Sol and it will give your operators some added interest.

Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Banned
Nice looking shed. :thumbs Is the roof corugated or is it printed corrugations ??

Cheers, Gary.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Gary, not corrugated but a flat metal appearance.

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
The Scalescenes shed can be made up tp any width. On Blossom Hill it is a four road shed .  I noticed recently that i have not stuck the sides (corrugations) together very well and with time they have acquired some bubbles:roll:.  A partial shot is shewn on post 97 of Blossom Hill.   I have some more outside and inside shots to put on later.:thumbs

reg

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
An e-mail from Scalescenes just popped up

I'm very pleased to announce my all new Diesel Depot kit.  Re-designed from the ground up with many   exciting construction and detailing improvements, this sturdy structure   will tick all the boxes for modern traction modellers!
A  more flexible modular design, it can be built as a single or two road   version and also allows for easy extensions to the shed's length.  Only Â£4.99,  the kit also includes a huge range of hazard signs and  editable depot  entry signs (British Rail, Railfreight - all sectors,  Regional Railways,  Network SouthEast, Transrail, Freightliner, EWS and  DB Schenker) as  well as:
  • Highly detailed interior elements (including lockers, tool drawers, battery charger, noticeboards and fire hoses)
    Hardstanding  and inspection pits with LED option
    Choice of walls with or without  windows
    Optional graffiti for modern image layouts
    Realistic lightly  grimed windows

http://scalescenes.com/products/R023a-Diesel-Depot

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
With my impending move to a more modern era, I was considering a small one road diesel shed and was wondering if anyone had built the newer version R023a.

As usual space is one of my biggest constraints and going by John's dimensions the length with two panels (if that's the right term) and three buttresses is 184mm.

Just wondering how easy it is to get a particular length as the diagram states unlimited add-ons and double the length (368mm) won't fit.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Having read through this thread, I do have do wonder why you were so upset with the dent you made when attempting the build, Sol. Looking at the photo, could it not have been presented as wear and tear on the structure?

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Brendan, because the fluting was not that pronounced & trying to do so created more tears so that is why I changed to Styrene.

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Ah, okay. Fair enough.
Although, it was interesting seeing that technique (I think it could help me in making intermodal containers, for instance). It looks like it's best done slowly, the covering paper layer glued down and fluted bit by bit.

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
[user=1338]Ed[/user] wrote:
With my impending move to a more modern era, I was considering a small one road diesel shed and was wondering if anyone had built the newer version R023a.

As usual space is one of my biggest constraints and going by John's dimensions the length with two panels (if that's the right term) and three buttresses is 184mm.

Just wondering how easy it is to get a particular length as the diagram states unlimited add-ons and double the length (368mm) won't fit.

Ed

Interesting that looking around various forums nobody appears to have built the newer version, or if they have they've not posted about it :hmm

Ed

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.