00 Gauge - Devan and Summersett V4

Posted
Rating:
Looking good, would be better with the point motors under the baseboard Ron ?

Phil
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Phil, the boards were built in my lounge room & moved out to the layout room later & will have buildings etc hiding them - all the wiring is on top & in the fullness of time, will also be hidden.
The D&S while is has a lot of scenery, it is mainly an operating layout keeping myself & 5 drivers busy twice a month for just over 2 hours per night.

Currently with all my other involvements in the hobby ( equivalent to 4 days a week - 8 hours per day ) plus some home duties, I don't see this layout getting 99% completed for at least another 5 years but who cares ? !

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Looks good, Sol. Interesting track plan; is it a real place or like my Wadebridge where I got carried away?

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Tiverton is a real place but the D&S being freelance, does what it likes - all stations are named after real places but the working stations are spelt differently
Watchit - a play on Watchet
Tawnton = Taunton
Charde = Chard
Marabost = names from my operating crew

Last edit: by Sol

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Nice work Sol.

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:

Sol said

Tiverton is a real place but the D&S being freelance, does what it likes - all stations are named after real places but the working stations are spelt differently
Watchit - a play on Watchet
Tawnton = Taunton
Charde = Charde
Marabost = names from my operating crew

Yes, I broke down between Taunton and Bridgewater with 8,000 bricks on at about 5.30am. Injector pump knackered, so couldn't fix it, despite being a qualified diesel mechanic. Of course it had to be in January, so nice and cool. Towed on the bar with no working brakes… loads of fun. :-)

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’

peterm said

Of course it had to be in January, so nice and cool. Towed on the bar with no working brakes… loads of fun. :-)

That's somebody or other's law, Pete  :mutley

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Coupled with the sweet odour of the smellophane factory at Bridgewater ……………………….

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.