00 Gauge - Devan and Summersett V4

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Are you sure you know what you're doing, Sol?  That looks like a very big hole.  :shock:

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
Are you sure you know what you're doing, Sol?  That looks like a very big hole.  :shock:

Time will tell once I get it motorised late Nov/early Dec.   Anyway, gaping holes on the ground is the going thing now. ;-)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Among my kit I have a large stock of holes, Ron.
Just let me have the dimensions next time and I'll send it Airmail.

http://dddioramas.webs.com/

11 + 2 = 12 + 1

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
I am glad your signature DD, has this warning …

Warning: Some posts may contain humour

Please send me an assortment of holes, those not suitable will be returned.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I won't send any large holes because of the weight.

I have some very nice black holes (including the Studio at the moment where I had sudden instructions to clear the kitchen table).

http://dddioramas.webs.com/

11 + 2 = 12 + 1

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hello Ron and DD,
Do these holes, of varying dimensions, come with "sky-hooks" attached to help retain said holes in-situ and is there a recommended number of "sky-hooks" per hole and are the "sky-hooks" re-usable after the holes are filled-in? Just asking,
Kind Regards,
Michael Thornberry.
PS:- Do these "sky-hooks" also vary, in size, dependant on hole-size?:lol:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Remember that sky-hooks must be attached to the holes using a left-handed screwdriver.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
All 3 points now in situ - last two with side-mounted Peco motors & microswitch for frog switching ( microswitch will be covered ), Tortoise still to be installed when I get it Nov 28.

Wiring now back to panel which will need some mods. ( splitting time between this & centre peninsula)

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I assume all your points are electrofrog Ron

The microswitch you are using is that a standard one bought from an eletronic bits supplier?

Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
[user=52]henryparrot[/user] wrote:
I assume all your points are electrofrog Ron   Yes

The microswitch you are using is that a standard one bought from an eletronic bits supplier?  like this one
I am using live frog as I connect a LED across it to indicate track selected is powered as mentioned in other posts of mine. 
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ron,

In your last post you indicated

I am using live frog as I connect a LED across it to indicate track selected is powered as mentioned in other posts of mine.

Do you have a post link for this and have you included a wiring diagram

CC Weathering Services: https://ccgwr1.wixsite.com/ccweatheringservices/
CC Weathering Services Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ccweatheringservices/

Posted
Rating:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Back on previous posts in various threads of my layout, I had shown this junction at one end of Tawnton.

Four points, one single slip & two 3-way and  are operated via slide switches

Because these points are not easily seen in how they are set, I added some LEDs into the tracks but they still cause confusion especially the two 3-way points for the operators who only work on the layout fortnightly ( OK for me coz I use them, most days) so after another Op session today, it does seem that I will have to motorise the points & provide an additional panel with push buttons with LEDs in the panel instead of in the tracks.

Two points - hand made , will need to be replaced with Peco to provide tiebar locking.

In fact some simplification is possible.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
[user=95]Sol[/user] wrote:
… Two points - hand made , will need to be replaced with Peco to provide tiebar locking. …
Sounds a bit drastic Ron.  Couldn't you use SEEP PM4 solenoids or Tortoise/Cobalt/Fulgarex/Lemarco motors that self latch?

Cheers
Dave
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Dave, not keen on solenoids on tiebars that have blades soldered. Some of the Peco points already  have solenoids operated via Masterswitch units & the possible new small panel with push buttons, will diode matrix some like the 3 way units. I could fit Tortoise/Cobalt as those points that maybe replaced as they had been operated by Tortoise before when the entire station was panel controlled but when I converted to location control in front of the points, Tortoises removed & sold.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Just a thought Ron, to reach into my hidden three track staging yard and over a 8" high backscene (I'm about 5'9') I have a small raised step out of 2"x4"s and this makes it more comfortable. The base board at that point is about 19"

The furthest reach into my corners is about 28"and that's far enough.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Yes John, the main operator for those points is also a few inches shorter than me but even the other taller operators have difficulty in determining point setting. It will get sorted.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Ron, I too have a three way point in my new fiddle yard and to which there is good access, but I find it difficult sometimes to determine just what road is set. Some form of indication on the viewing side would be useful. I'm thinking a simple line diagram would do the job.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Post #33 showed the main station throat at Tawnton & the planned modifications.

Started now, replaced two hand made units with Peco & motorised them. Removed one point where the tanker is sitting & made the single slip into a conventional point - pinned one set of blades across & the modified slip now works in parallel with the entry point also now motorised.  Couple more motors & a panel ( which is half built to go.

The DMU tracks will be moved further apart to allow for a fuelling platform similar to what I have seen on another forum / Bachmann unit  http://www.ehattons.com/StockDetail.aspx?SID=24629

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
The station throat now fully motorised using Peco side mounted solenoids

I was going to operate using pushbuttons & diode matrix but had the problem of frog switching for the two  3- way points so I use Masterswitch V1 units which provide a  pulse of power but are activated via a toggle switch so the other half of the toggle does the frog switching. This is the panel

The LEDs are connected across the track & DCC power is used. Point 28 is operated as a crossover with 32 so only one switch required as  28 has a dead frog.

Back to an operating session next week.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.