Stu's Boxfile Layout

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

(This is just my size)

Very impressive Stu.  It's only the point that really gives away how small the space is.  The factory building works very nicely as a scenic break.

Cheers
Dave
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=465]Stubby47[/user] wrote:
Laterite & Co Ltd is now complete
… which idiot wrote that…..?

Laterite is about to be doubled in size, to 4 scenic boxes. Again, no pressure timewise, it's due out in public on 28th & 29th May in Hayle.

The plan is to add the two boxes between the fiddle yard and the existing entrance, so adding a front section to the arched building and then extending the factory in to what will be box 2 ( counting left to right, and the current ones becoming #3 & #4).
Between box 1 & 2 will be a conveyor belt ( working, of course ) transporting crates from one building to a new loading bay. The crates will then be placed in the open wagon for removal by rail.

I'll use a 3 way point to give me a route through to Box 3 and another front siding ( for something, possibly fuel of some sort).

So, back to the printer for some more Scalescenes brickwork…

Stubby47's Bespoke Model Buildings All photos I post are ©Stu Hilton, but are free for use by anyone.

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Well, I didn't get around to adding the two extra boxfiles before Hayle, but it's a project on the back burner to be completed sometime in the future.

I have been taking a few photos, and I rather like this one :

A quiet moment in Laterite Yard

Stubby47's Bespoke Model Buildings All photos I post are ©Stu Hilton, but are free for use by anyone.

Posted
Rating:
I rather like it, too.

http://dddioramas.webs.com/

11 + 2 = 12 + 1

Posted
Rating:
Bod
I can quite understand why you do.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I really do like your modelling, Stu.  :thumbs   I was surprised to see a war memorial in such a place.  Is it something that happens often in Britain?  Memorials like that in Oz are usually found in a grassy park, or in a garden.

Posted
Rating:
Max, to be honest I've no idea. I had a small space to fill and didn't know what to put there. The model is actually a commision piece by Dd for me, to go on my harbour layout, Polbraze.
The premise is that the factory sent men to both World Wars, and so wanted to commemorate them. As a sort of example, the main Post Office in Truro has a small plaque on one of the posts in the public area.
Stu

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
It sounds fair enough.  Just a small example of how our cultures are different, while still being so similar. 
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.