Possible forum 'standard' free image/photo programme-Photofiltre

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member

Please evaluate if you would like to

You have a cunning plan Jeff? Then I'm your man.:thumbs

Although I haven't done an exact extrapolation, the images Doug produced appear to the correct size after he used Ms Photodraw.

The frames will be stuck on top of some plasticard or even card covered in suitable paper finishing material as per photo, so assuming I can get glue that sticks brass to these materials then brass should be fine. On the edge of my seat now.:shock:

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
One of my mates from Newport MRC is Bill Bedford (of Bill Bedford loco / coach fittings).
He recently produced a set of etches for Tyseley Station's windows and doors for me, which are superb.
The deal was I supplied photos, drawings etc., he paid for his work in making the master and I paid the cost of the finished etch. He will then own the master and offer etches for sale as part of his stock profile.
I'll contact Bill and ask him if he's interested if you like??

PS On edit  Tyseley Station windows and doors cost me around £30.00.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
Thanks Jeff, sounds good to me.:thumbs

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
The strange [yet welcome] spin-offs from a post on YMR!  Huzzay!

D

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
Today I thought I would just open Photoplus SE which I downloaded a few days ago and it asked me to register the product. I have found it impossible to register erego it will be impossible to use the software:cry:.

Have the other students in Mr Doug's class registered their editions easily enough?

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Les I have downloaded and registered o.k, just annoyed at being pushed to use the pro product,
:thumbs:lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I have started the download but now waiting for the activation thingy so will finish it when i recive that :thumbs

phill

Ok got it done but tried it and well lets say its foreign :oops:

Last edit: by phill

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
Thanks for your response guys.

When I first downloaded it, it put a desktop icon on my pc which was a little camera. This morning I have downloaded it again and this time it works - yippee! The icon has changed to a football with a hole in it which I guess is some sort of representation of a camera shutter. Very strange! However Professor Doug I'm now ready to roll.:thumbs

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
Hi, All,

Do have a 'play' with it, the tutorials are quite good, I know the 'Upgrade' nag is a pain, but I can put up with it for now. I'm hoping to get proficient enough with it to move away from my old Photodraw as it does have some good features, like being able to correct a slightly 'sideways' picture to a more 'head on' view with out too much work..

Remember we must keep being extra-nice to Martin Wynne, 'cos he's the long-stop, back-up and fix-up egg-spurt on this sort of thing!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Doug

Last edit: by Chubber

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
[user=312]dooferdog[/user] wrote:
Remember we must keep being extra-nice to Martin Wynne, 'cos he's the long-stop, back-up and fix-up egg-spurt on this sort of thing!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Doug
Oh that won't be a problem Doug I've always thought of Martin as a wonderful person, a mastermind, deserving of a knighthood, a genius of outstanding ability, patience personified, a wizard who is at the forefront of technology, the only person on earth who can …………………………zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Oops sorry must have dropped off. ( A bit OTT perhaps Doug but I always do as the teacher tells me . Do you like apples?)

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Remember we must keep being extra-nice to Martin Wynne, 'cos he's the  long-stop, back-up and fix-up egg-spurt on this sort of thing!

what you are saying then is we are in deep doodoo, situation normal then???
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
Blimey Owen, that's subtle.:eek::lol:

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Subtley was always my strong point Les, !!!

:mutley:pedal:lol::lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
I use Faststone & Max is playing with it now.

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.