Possible forum 'standard' free image/photo programme-Photofiltre

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member

Please evaluate if you would like to

Wow if this can be done then bring it on.:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Martin - Gimp looks super and I may well try it out, especially as it's free, although I was last in the queue when computer literacy was being handed out.

Doug - I understand PhotoDraw freebie is withdrawn now and I certainly dont have it as part of my version of MsOffice.
What you have done with those windows is EXACTLY what I'm looking for - I'd settle just for that very picture. Without my having PhotoDraw I dont suppose it's sendable is it? You are obviously some sort of computer wizard and to many of us this is a black art. Second do you think York models would produce something like that as a one off? I bet it would be pricey.

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Les, I think their minimum order for a 'one off' is £35, considering what a time saver it would be it must be worth it for such a prestigious project. Have a look at their site  Laser Cut Model Railway Components - York Model Rail  and see what they are after as artwork and I'm sure we could sort it out between us on YMR.

Doug

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
Test pdf file post

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

Posted
Rating:
[user=18]Les[/user] wrote:
Wow if this can be done then bring it on.:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Martin - Gimp looks super and I may well try it out, especially as it's free, although I was last in the queue when computer literacy was being handed out.

Doug - I understand PhotoDraw freebie is withdrawn now and I certainly dont have it as part of my version of MsOffice.
What you have done with those windows is EXACTLY what I'm looking for - I'd settle just for that very picture. Without my having PhotoDraw I dont suppose it's sendable is it? You are obviously some sort of computer wizard and to many of us this is a black art. Second do you think York models would produce something like that as a one off? I bet it would be pricey.

Les

Now that Martin has shown me how, it's in the pdf file above. It may not be in a format that Y'models can use…

Doug

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
Terrific guys, I am certainly going to follow this up. Please dont go away.:thumbs
Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
Hullo, again,

With a deal of assistance from a very patient Martin, I feel I can recommend  Photoplus as a forum 'standard' programme, so that we can all talk the same language.

So far I have confirmed that it can be used to

Cut out a section of a picture e.g. a whole roof, a single window, a front door etc

Resize it to any scale, i.e. a 4ft high window can be reliably reduced to a 16mm high print-out

The result can be painted onto a blank sheet together with other items

The whole sheet  can be printed out at a useful resolution for incorporating into models.

and…..it's free, although there are one or two annoying 'upgrade for £9.99p so that you can have even more useful features' type of messages in it.

I commend it to the house, please do consider trying it out. If a few people agree to download it I'll do a 'how-to' on the points I have just enumerated.

Doug

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
ok will give it a go Doof .
:cheers:lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Well done, Owen, that's two of us, come on you lot, let's get at least half a dozen of us cuttin' an' pasting :thumbs

Doug

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I have downloaded it OK Doug but when I try to install it I get an error "1619". Will persevere though.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
I have downloaded Serif Photoplus SE.
 When time is available , I will play to learn it,but in the mean time, I still use my Nero Photosnap Image Viewer to alter my photos.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Well done, Sol, just a note to say this will allow you to produce artwork for your railway at a size you want, not sure if your Nero can do that. I've decided to do this primarily to get us building more card models, all together in the same language.

Talk soon,

Doug

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
I've downloaded PhotoPlus SE now and will wait for the teacher to arrive.:thumbs

Incidentally Doug following the earlier post, I have emailed York Modelling with details of what I want produced and am awaiting their reply. I'll let you know when I hear something.

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
Thanks for the update, Les. Let's get a few more naughty boys and girls in class and we'll make a start.

Doug

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I will download it later Doug when im on the puter i would use it on

Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
it's no good for Mac users like me though:cry:

Posted
Rating:
[user=401]pnwood[/user] wrote:
it's no good for Mac users like me though:cry:

I wonder how many Mac-ists we have? Maybe a quick poll would show if it's worth you taking on the job of choosing one for them?

Doug

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Photoplus SE now on my 'puter, Doug.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ok Jeff, I'm standin'-by to stand-by,  just anither two or three victims, er, volunteers and we'll have a go!

Poop poop!

Doug

[I hope Martin Wynne isn't thinking of going on holiday soon….:shock:]

D

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
[user=18]Les[/user] wrote:
I've downloaded PhotoPlus SE now and will wait for the teacher to arrive.:thumbs

Incidentally Doug following the earlier post, I have emailed York Modelling with details of what I want produced and am awaiting their reply. I'll let you know when I hear something.

Les
At last I have heard from York Modelling but it is not good news I'm afraid. They can cut the frames to my requirements assuming I supply accurate drawings but the cost would be £99.88 plus postage to Spain. Unfortunately this is beyond my reach so I must now look at building them myself. Start thinking Les!:hmm

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Les,

Does the PDF that Doug posted, print out at the correct size? Also how soon do you need the image produced and would it be OK in brass? I have the makings of a plan. :thumbs:thumbs
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.