Marty's N gauge trees

Posted
Rating:

'cause I need hundreds of them...

Marty, I would not touch a thing. Those trees look perfect. Makes me want to start making trees again.

Wayne

My Layout "The South Shore Line":
http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=509&forum_id=21
This video/animation was made in Adobe Flash Player, which is no longer supported or available for download.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I think your trees look excellent, Marty. I don't think the trunks are too small either. I have looked at a lot of local trees, and many of them have quite narrow trunks with only the very old ones like the oaks with wider trunks.

You may find that they look different when planted in their final location with perhaps other foliage around them. Most woodland includes a great deal of undergrowth amongst the trees.

Posted
Rating:
If you look at woodland as opposed to "specimen" trees, the trunks are long, straight and slender as the tree reaches skywards for light.

With single specimen trees, they grow outwards rather than upwards (a bit like me - and Liz will tell you, I'm certainly a specimen…… :roll::roll::lol::lol:)

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
The size of trunk varies enormously by species.  Many Australian native trees are quite slender for their overall size but an English Oak is massive by comparison.

It really depends what you are representing.  I find many RtP trees are far too skinny but the one Marty made for me looks perfect.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Marty.

Here are my attempts to do the trees.

First lot:

Second attempt: (drying PVA on them)

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Now there is certainly an improvement there. :thumbs

The first shot could be on the flanks of a recently erupted volcano …………………:lol: and in the second shot, there's a big spider on the left ….:mutley

Seriously, they are improving and I'd be perfectly happy to have my layout forrested by the trees in your last shots.:cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
They look good individually and will look even better en-masse. They must be quite fiddly to do in that scale. I'm only glad very few trees survived in MPD'S!

Perry

Due to cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.