Rating:
#90114 (In Topic #4850)
And therefore ...
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Is there an option for 1 too many?  :mutley:mutley

Jim Smith-Wright

Rule 1 - Model what you really see and not what you think you know!
www.p4newstreet.com

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Can I phone a friend?

Or ask the audience?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
No you can't.   :twisted: :twisted:  :twisted: :twisted:

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
That must be 'cos I ain't got no friends :cry:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
or no phone!

Jim Smith-Wright

Rule 1 - Model what you really see and not what you think you know!
www.p4newstreet.com

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
There can never be too many.  I propose an hourly poll, starting immediately!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
[user=200]Christrerise[/user] wrote:
There can never be too many.  I propose an hourly poll, starting immediately!
I think we ought to have a poll about it :hmm
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I've voted for at least 2 polls per week, but nobody should think that the stated number of 2  includes duplicate polls, test polls, polls about thread (sorry Fred), polls about Sam (or was that ham), or polls about the validity of other polls.

I propose that there are 2 types of polls  –  polls that count towards the 2 per week and polls that the author can elect to have seperate to the two per week.

Polls about modelling issues should not count towards the total, neither should polls about politics. Polls about religeon should count as 1.5 polls, whilst polls about sexual topics should count as 0.25 of a full poll.

After 8 days of a poll running, every participating member should be offered the opportunity to change their vote, unless that day falls on an Ash Wednesday or a Good Friday, when changing your vote should be compulsory.

Polls running over Christmas should be confined to topics about Rudolph and tooth faries, whist any bank holidy poll should be replied to in bold type only.   

Finally, if an administrator starts a poll on the third Tuesday afternoon (BST) of any month, it should be mandatory for all members to vote, whilst a poll started by a "to be appointed poll moderator" should be replied to by anyone nominated to reply by the said moderator and in the order of reply that said moderator chooses.

To save confusion there should be no further rules governing the starting of polls :exclam :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
[user=3]Gwent Rail[/user] wrote:
After 8 days of a poll running, every participating member should be offered the opportunity to change their vote, unless that day falls on an Ash Wednesday or a Good Friday, when changing your vote should be compulsory.

What about when Ash Wednesday or Good Friday fall on a Sunday.  Clearly you haven't thought this through, Jeff.  :Red Card

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
What about shrove Tuesday?

Cheers
Dave
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Exactly, Dave.  - and POETS day as well!    (p**s of early, tomorrow's Saturday) for non Ozzies.   :mutley

Posted
Rating:
And no mention of Whitsun.  Jeff had better start again …

:pedal:pedal:pedal

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I'd like to start a poll to see if the majority of members wish me to re-think the rules :exclam:exclam

NB For the purposes of "number of polls per week", such a poll should not count as a poll. 
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Is there a virus going around that YMRers have caught? is it called the Poll Virus? ( or Polus  for short)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Brilliant, Ron!  That could be the next poll! Is it a?

- Virus, or

- Infection.

Posted
Rating:
Holas Bolas I,ve got Polus.

Hope I don,t come out in spots.

John.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Tim, or a virus or a bachmanntarium?

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
You have all got too much spare time on your hands ;-)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Does all this rubbish eat up bandwidth Bob ?  If so, we should have a poll to decide if this is an acceptable way to use bandwidth.  (This will be an extra poll and will not count towards Jeff's two polls per week).

Next Wednesday is a bank holiday in France (isn't every Wednesday ?) - Bastide Day - so will your normal "Bank Holiday" rules apply Jeff ?

Maybe we should initiate a poll to see if "foreign" bank holidays count. :roll::roll:

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.