Posted
Rating:
[user=52]henryparrot[/user] wrote:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:Well done Simon

C`mon DD you have been put on the spot now mate

Theres no fear of him picking mine:lol::lol:

Brian

Nor mine eiother :mutley.

I fully understand DD's point i think and i have to be inclined to agree on some of his points but to me it dont really matter the ickle things that look wrong it is the whole picture. If the rest looks right then thats ok by me.

As a very bad novice modoler i find this layout very good, ok there may be some tarting up to b done but hey ho Rome was not built in a day, or was it :hmm.

In this months Hornby mag, they have built a layout in 72 hours, thats 2 weeks but even they say its a mad idea and things still have to be added but they will have to wait for a while.

My point is to achieve what they have in what someone said in a short time is amazing and a credit to them, i would not say no to it if i was given it.

So come on guys lets not blow this up and another row start, not that there is but i just hate rows on here, never got us far before and never will.

Phill
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Dont worry Phill there is no row here

IT will be interesting to see what DD forwards because i believe this will show how as modellers we all have our own opinions what we feel is a good model railway.

Some purely love scenic stuff others are more for operational and the rest are somewhere in between those two.

Brian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hello Brian!

It's whatever makes "you" the modeller happy that counts and no one can criticise "you" for that. "Your" layout has every bit as much validity as the next person's regardless of scale, detail, or whatever. I just like railways that are a bit different and have an air of authenticity about them. Track is probably the biggest giveaway, as far as I'm concerned, as to a model's overall quality and realism. Also, everyone builds layouts for different reasons.

I like your layout even if DD doesn't pick it!!

Cheers
Simon
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Exactly

If someone likes one thing and not the other then that's, plainly and simply, how it is.  I do agree with DD's point that a string of praise (much as its nice and good for the ego) doesn't actually help move a persons efforts forward.  

I am lucky enough to have had many and long conversations with those who are regarded the greats of the hobby by a lot of people and I have got up close and personal with some of their creations. I can appreciate the stunning modelling people like Dave Holt puts into his large steam locos but at the same time I can appreciate the effort someone puts into their first ever weathering job.  I will always have time for anyone who tries to push what they are doing forward a little, no matter how small that push is.

I think that cover most if not all on here.

Cheers

Jim

Jim Smith-Wright

Rule 1 - Model what you really see and not what you think you know!
www.p4newstreet.com

Posted
Rating:
After much consideration I have decided that the one I am building will be the best :lol:

I would have accepted the challenge but it only took a glance at the thumbnail pics. on either side to prove that there are a multitude of great layouts on here.
Impossible to pick out more than the twenty or so required without leaving someone deserving aside.

My other failure today is that my National horse came second.

http://dddioramas.webs.com/

11 + 2 = 12 + 1

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Very nice, I especially like the grass and scree area of the scenery. Well modelled indeed!
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.