#77561 (In Topic #4349)
Sol
Guest user
Photos of my models | Flickr
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
He has obviously got some special device that shrinks things. It's the only possible explanation. :shock:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
they are unbelievable,even the buildings,
i am going back to play with my toys!!!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Amazing that.

Phill
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
There are lots of things in this world that make me feel inadequate Sol without you digging up yet more !!!!!

Amazing. :thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
[user=339]Ian Morton[/user] wrote:
He has obviously got some special device that shrinks things. It's the only possible explanation. :shock:
  Is this a case of, "Honey, I  shrunk the prototype!" :question

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
That raises the bar , How much time must that lot have taken?  There's me fiddling about with one little building for about 3 weeks.(Its about half way.")    Mind you , he probably doesn't  belong to our forum.  :chicken

reg

Posted
Rating:
I bet he's an over-bearing obnoxious git with halitosis, poor personal hygiene, a total lack of social skills, unloved by all who know him and deeply uncomfortable with his own persona.  Added to that the models are made and finished for him by a team of illegal immigrant craftsmen he keeps chained up in his cellar. Well, er, I hope so…..

Jealous? No, no, not me……………..

Frankly, I have never seen any vehicle modelling that good anywhere before, and he has my respect for that, even before you consider the art in the photography. Thanks for posting, I'm forwarding it to my American lady-friend, she and her husband will love it.

Doug

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Some are ok but they're not even N gauge!

Only took me 11 months to respond too. Shows how big this forum is!

Posted
Rating:
Ken
Inactive Member
Absolutely incredible!

Ken

'It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that Swing'

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Wow!  absolutely stunning modelling  :shock:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I have seen these before on email. Truly amazing work! I was trying to figure out what scale they are built to. Not an easy task the way he models things.

For instance the picture in the kitchen building a model…..is that the real kitchen or is it one he modeled? It's amazing that you even have to ask that question.

Anyway, my guess is, it's in O gauge, or maybe larger? Anything smaller is just totally out of the question. I can't even figure out how he did it in O gauge!

Wayne

My Layout "The South Shore Line":
http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=509&forum_id=21
This video/animation was made in Adobe Flash Player, which is no longer supported or available for download.

Posted
Rating:
Wonderful models and fantastic photography. He does mention that he models in 1/24th scale, but even so, it is truely amazing work.

Posted
Rating:
Ah - didn't see that Geoff.  I was going to suggest it might be 1/35th.

Whatever the scale, it's absolutely brilliant and the level of detail is incredible.  A very clever chap - I wonder if it's a hobby or if he does it commercially.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
:shock:....nuff said....:shock:

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Yes, incredible modelling and I don't want to take anything away from him but I will go out on a limb here and say the cars are possibly prebuilt models.

I have 2 HO (1/87) scale 1931 K model Lincolns under the Ricko brand in my collection that would nearly match those in the photos.

www.rickoricko.com

Having worked in a large general hobby shop I saw some incredible detailed, prebuilt static car models. Specially in the larger scales.

Cheers

Ian

Any DCC is better than no DCC

Posted
Rating:
Banned
Great modelling. I'd say these models would be close to 1/24th scale. Over here in Oz, most of the model car companies build their models at either 1/43 or 1/18 scale. Here is a pic of a Holden Torana SLR 5000 muscle car in 1/18th scale on a diorama a mate was putting together and making good $$ out of them…

Cheers, Gary.

Posted
Rating:
Is that a pre-built model Gary ?

It's some model car ………….the detail is incredible :shock::shock::shock::shock:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Banned
Hi Petermac,

Yes it is a pre-built. I'm positive this is a Biante model which was released about 6-7 years ago. Biante manufacture quality 1/64, 1/43 and 1/18 scale, iconic Australian & international cars, from road to race. Check out here ; http://www.biante.com.au/

Cheers, Gary.

Posted
Rating:
Incredible detail on those model cars Gary. Doubt if I'd known the diferrence from the real thing if I'd not been told. :doublethumb

Always try to look on the bright side of life!

Barney
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.